Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+3
Nexus06
Rozwi_Game10
Kingmaker
7 posters

Face Book

Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Face Book Empty Face Book

Post by Kingmaker Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Just out of interest there is a FaceBook group for TGOK as well

https://www.facebook.com/groups/181378758569140/
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Face Book Empty Re: Face Book

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:05 pm

I have to admit that the Facebook page was of use to me. [I had difficulties in activating my forum account, so used the FB group to make contact with members.]

Very useful having another method of contacting the Forum administrators, outside of emailing Agema and pestering Richard with my troubles.

Last edited by Rozwi_Game10 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Well TBH I do not work or am employed by Agema, I am simply a player who has decided to run a forum and assist Agema Face Book 3497527849

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:57 pm

I do sometimes think of posting more on our FB group...but I most probably spend too much time on FB as it is Wink
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:58 pm

And much appreciated we all are, I'll say, that this forum is available to us. I know it's helped me in the past to play the games, and I'm sure I'll find help here in the future.

Maybe a better way of putting my earlier statement would be this...

Rozwi_Game10 wrote:...Very useful having another method of contacting the Forum administrators, outside of emailing Agema and pestering Richard with my troubles.
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Jason wrote:I do sometimes think of posting more on our FB group...but I most probably spend too much time on FB as it is Wink

I suppose a benefit to more posting on the FB page would be that the posts would appear in members feeds and be viewable to their 'friends', so possibly encouraging new players?

At least I think that's how FB works. I don't really use it, other than to update things for my toy soldier hobby.

Last edited by Rozwi_Game10 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:06 pm

yup spot on  Face Book 3247665605
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2015-04-14

Post by Nexus06 Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:10 am

joined yesterday night! the guy from Italy is Nexus. Are all of you from UK?
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 427

Post by Ardagor Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:12 pm

I am not from the UK...
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:35 pm

I'm not from the UK, either.
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:41 am

I'm not in the UK either.

The Face book thingy is all well & good, but I seem to remember somewhere that in game planning & cooperation on the forum is/was frowned upon by Richard. So surely that means the same on Facebook.

It may just be my old fashioned self, but there was a time when the game was purely a postal letter game.

Surely the temptation is there that actions will be influenced much more easily due to conversations on social media.
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:01 am

Yeah, I play 100% just on paper and my player dealings are also 100% through Agema.
    I think the Facebook page was set up in a bid to try and get more publicity for the games, though I'm probably wrong.

If someone did approach me outside of Agema then I'd politely refuse anything and tell them to approach me through the proper channels.

Nothing personal. Just business. To use the term.
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:04 am

J Flower wrote:I'm not in the UK either.

The Face book thingy is all well & good, but I seem to remember somewhere that in game planning & cooperation on the forum is/was frowned upon by Richard. So surely that means the same on Facebook.

It may just be my old fashioned self, but there was a time when the game was purely a postal letter game.

Surely the temptation is there that actions will be influenced much more easily due to conversations on social media.

Well,

i totally agree with you. I used to play the postal game back one life ago (game 3 was in 1703/1704) and it was fantastic. But i also have to say that at that time i had a bunch of friends of mine playing in that same game and we were enjoying a lots of discussions concerning the game, which strength is, to my advice, the extremely low lever of written rules. I have to say that half of the fun was discussing about what to do and how to do it. Now i think the nice thing of the forum (i stay extremely few on Facebook but the idea is the same) is that i have a place were to talk about the game again. Of course no chance of cheating because i'm paying good money to have clean fun in game and i what to stay in that mood, but now you are making me do a consideration.
    One action of an ambassador of mine seems, with his actions, have upset another rules. It was a total misunderstanding that was cleared in the forum, but i don't think it is good as in the spirit of the game probably it should have leaded to different actions.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:47 pm

from UK ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:49 pm

As I have said before no problems planning in PM etc BUT Richard will not action anything unless he see diplomacy in game to back it up, if you and say France suddenly declare war on Prussia with no reason expect either very heavy penalties or a refusal to go to war....
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:26 pm

My discussions with Richard on this point have led me to different conclusions.

I think all diplomacy and discussions should occur in game.

1) There may be spies. If so, you are subverting the game to use out of game channels.

2) pacing. The game is designed to run at a slower pace. Complicated negotiations should take game months of back and forth.

3) Richard ought to know what you are discussing.

That said, I have no concerns about a Facebook group. If players want to circumvent the rules on this today they can. I know emails for some other players. Doesn't mean I am going to use them for in game stuff!

I try to err on the side of caution when posting about my positions in the forum, but I don't think all conversation is suspect. Repeating facts and rephrasing public statements I have already made in game is OK, I think.
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Deacon wrote:
    I try to err on the side of caution when posting about my positions in the forum, but I don't think all conversation is suspect. Repeating facts and rephrasing public statements I have already made in game is OK, I think.

Well you are definitely right. And honestly. it's like playing on football on sunday and watching the sport news on monday. I really love it. But i'm not sure i would be able to stay distant as a commenter.
    MarkTurner26
    MarkTurner26
    Marquess
    Marquess

Number of posts : 260
    Registration date : 2012-11-03

Post by MarkTurner26 Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:28 pm

I totally agree, I think for this type of gaming we need to have letters going back and forth negotiating, although we could say negotiation could be done at a ambassador level which can be done in either public or private, I know some players only communicate through ambassadors which RP wise is a good medium.

Overall your points are now pretty valid I do try and keep forum based discussion based on opinions and trying to predict what is going to happen.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:38 pm

see my post

nothing happens "in Game" without proof (letters, diplomacy etc)  talking and planning is one thing actually getting it going in game is another.

OH and in case you think Richard never drops in or posts he still logs in AND is an admin so can see what i see which is just about every thing  

You have been warned  Face Book 2847117503
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:54 am

Thanks all of you it appers that there is a degree of self regulation going on in the social media arrea, which I think is an extremlly good thing. The reassurences of Kingmaker are also welcomed.

I really enjoy the letter writting side of the game, even if it means that occassionally I am extremlly pushed for time to get them all finished. It is one of the great strengths of the game that helps add to the flavour of the period.

I look foward to receiving letters from friend & foe alike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 pm