Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

Sick Lists - but when Characters and Animal Herds get them!

Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Sick Lists - but when Characters and Animal Herds get them! Empty Sick Lists - but when Characters and Animal Herds get them!

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Mon May 15, 2017 11:15 am

Title sums it up, really.

Several of my characters, including my main character the Changamire Dombo, now have Sick List scores.

So does a pack of dogs that I've had imported from Capetown.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the sick list score? Normally you'd issue a military order to a unit to "Rest In Camp" and it would eventually reduce the score to SL#1. But how do you do this for a character or animal herd/pack? Also, does this now mean that the character is always going to have a sick list score and should be thought of as not as fit as characters who have no SL score?

I do mean to ask the GM, but there's six things happening at once in my Rozwi game and turn time is at a premium so I don't want to give Richard more things to have to do on my behalf. If anyone has experience or suggestions on this issue I'd appreciate comments.

Thank you.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Sick Lists - but when Characters and Animal Herds get them! Empty Re: Sick Lists - but when Characters and Animal Herds get them!

Post by Deacon Mon May 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Resting is the cure for all land-based SL. If you do it in a town of enough size, you can cure up to 2 SL a month.

For naval units, it's repairing while at rest. You can repair 2 SL if you do it at a repair yard.

To avoid issuing the order every turn, I typically say "Unit X rest until recovered at location Y"
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2567
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Sick Lists - but when Characters and Animal Herds get them! Empty Re: Sick Lists - but when Characters and Animal Herds get them!

Post by Stuart Bailey Mon May 15, 2017 10:13 pm

Rozwi_Game10 wrote:Title sums it up, really.

Several of my characters, including my main character the Changamire Dombo, now have Sick List scores.

So does a pack of dogs that I've had imported from Capetown.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the sick list score? Normally you'd issue a military order to a unit to "Rest In Camp" and it would eventually reduce the score to SL#1. But how do you do this for a character or animal herd/pack? Also, does this now mean that the character is always going to have a sick list score and should be thought of as not as fit as characters who have no SL score?

I do mean to ask the GM, but there's six things happening at once in my Rozwi game and turn time is at a premium so I don't want to give Richard more things to have to do on my behalf. If anyone has experience or suggestions on this issue I'd appreciate comments.

Thank you.

Rather than having the Changamire "Rest in Camp" and putting his dogs in for "repair". Have you considered employing some Kennel Maid's and a Kennel Master from the Cape who actually knows something about dogs? Rather than people who probably threat them like your cattle and bleed them on a regular basis.

As for the Changamire what about "Rest in Harem" and spend month in the shade, thinking deep thoughts while handmaidens pass him peeled grapes, fan him to keep him cool and his favourite tipple.

Mind you the above combined with the best Rumelian Doctors did not keep a sick and badly wounded Mustapha Kruppa alive in G2 after he was stabbed. Still at least he got to dictate his last will and testament and passed away with a quote from the Koran on his lips.Sad
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Tue May 16, 2017 9:48 am

Cheers. I'll give the roleplay approach a try.

The Changamire has rather a few busy months ahead of him, so I don't know how he'll fit the time in to rest. But I'll give it a crack with the dogs, as they're currently in the Royal Kennels and I'll sort out some pampering for them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:30 pm