Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

The Tour de Yorkshire

Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

The Tour de Yorkshire Empty The Tour de Yorkshire

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Fri May 04, 2018 1:28 am

Don't expect to see me in the crowds (I hope it rains!) when the Tour passes through Richmondshire. I'm sick of seeing yellow bicycles. Either yellow-painted pieces of scrap, cardboard cutouts painted yellow, or the puzzling assortment of yellow and blue things that are appearing for this year's race.

Here's a good one, though. It takes a televised cycling event for the local Highways Department to fix the potholes in the roads! Any other time of the year and they go un-fixed.

And another one. Leave a bicycle lying around for a couple of hours and it'll either be stolen or taken by the scrap merchants. If it's painted a ghastly yellow and put out by the side of the road as a tourist feature, then nobody touches them...for years. Ever. They're now like shipwrecks at the bottom of the ocean. Left to rust and for nature to claim as it's own. If I dumped a bicycle on the side of the road I'd be charged with fly-tipping.

Bah humbug!

Have I reached 500 posts, yet? I want to see if I get promoted to King king