Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+4
count-de-monet
Marshal Bombast
J Flower
Johntindall
8 posters

What’s your best Roman meme?

Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Number of posts : 683
    Registration date : 2019-06-16

What’s your best Roman meme? - Page 13 Empty Re: What’s your best Roman meme?

Post by Jason2 Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:34 pm

Thanks folks Smile

Clearly there's not a straight-forward way of moving money and what with a bunch of escaped slaves on the loose, the risk of ships sinking, I don't think there is an easy option at all.

Regor likes this post

Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2010-02-15

Post by Regor Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:04 am

Money movement always has an element of danger attached. But if you add specific orders the gods may circumvent them unless you write the orders carefully

Well, thank the gods the the guard are no more! One 'faux emperor" is dead. I want to borrow Jasons dice!

So now two senior Romans are free, if exhausted with their tools, at the foot of Italy what next?

Does Gallus, Tuscus and or Trajan need a hand?

And what of the Asian emperor and the two legions (one that deserted its post in Dalmatia)?

I am sure the Gods will take a view but Geminus is looking to go back to Dalmatia via Rome unless other players or the Gods decree otherwise!

Just thinking out loud.

Mostly I'm thinking about what to do with the low morale troops and those who have shown a lack of morale fibre? Britannia is good this time of year....
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2588
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:14 pm

Regor wrote:Money movement always has an element of danger attached. But if you add specific orders the gods may circumvent them unless you write the orders carefully

Well, thank the gods the the guard are no more! One 'faux emperor" is dead. I want to borrow Jasons dice!

So now two senior Romans are free, if exhausted with their tools, at the foot of Italy what next?

Does Gallus, Tuscus and or Trajan need a hand?

And what of the Asian emperor and the two legions (one that deserted its post in Dalmatia)?

I am sure the Gods will take a view but Geminus is looking to go back to Dalmatia via Rome unless other players or the Gods decree otherwise!

Just thinking out loud.

Mostly I'm thinking about what to do with the low morale troops and those who have shown a lack of morale fibre? Britannia is good this time of year....

Ref the need to write orders carefully and the nasty ways of the Chaos Gods on Mount Agema:-

- Borrow Jasons dice...................get his special Naval Dice for your movement of money by sea. The Gods say "You should have been more specific"

Not sure if its a thing in Roman times but the Greeks in Alexandria designed a diving bell which might be handy in such circumstances. Anyone know if it was ever built or used for real or if it was just a design/theory never put into practice? Damn cunning these chaps in the Great Library in Alexandria which in RIB seems to be replaced by a German shed as the hub of inovation and design.

Oddly after the great bandit raid on his favourite silver mine the bandits seem to be heading north and away from Trajan. So problem would now seem to belong to Glaba. Wonder if raiders trying to do tour of Iberian Mines and will be a low class Iberian version of the rebel Guard in Italy. Or if they will do a runner for Free Germany or Free Dacia?

In the East think Gallus is going to be faced with post Trajan the younger situation in which Parthians are defeated their major capitals have fallen but the field army has gone back too its Nomadic roots and is basically raiding across the whole area. Which rather delays the declaration of victory and a triumph.

On subject of Triumph since the victory over the Guard was over Romans not over a foreign foe they can not have a Triumph in Rome but they can have an "Ovation" which basically looks the same. Think this may help morale of low morale troops ditto a bonus.

Think being sent to Britain is not a way to improve morale of such troops ditto sending them to Judea or to chase horse archers around a Desert. They probably want to go back to home bases or I believe Roman Asia is very nice - Warm, Wine, reasonable Olives.

Of course what all Roman Legions really want to do is retire to Iberia - Land of Milk, Honey, Gadez Rope Dancers, Warm, Good Wines, Great Olives etc, etcgreat olives where they speak Latin.

Regor likes this post

Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Regor Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:36 pm

I like your thinking: though I’m steering clear of those naval dice even on a duck pond! But to be fair the troops had low morale because they wanted to go to Britannia (and recover their lost eagle)…. Sadly they could have got their way IF they had fought hard en route.

we could just disband them as “rubbish”?

Oh and Asia is where the other emperor chappie is hanging out waiting the moment to cause issues… Like now.

I hope to hear Gallus’s thoughts on the Parthians. IMHO the Roman system is not really designed to conquor great tracts of desert. But e must be a political and subversive possibility for a longer term solution?

However I am glad that Trajan has cleverly shooed the slave revolt problem away. I’m sure Vitellius will tackle them going over the Rhine….

Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Number of posts : 683
    Registration date : 2019-06-16

Post by Jason2 Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:11 pm

Anybody else still confused at how the bloody ex-slaves in Iberia are moving so fast? I mean if it was Britannia I would attribute it to Caledonian druids and their magical powers...

I am starting to wonder if there is a small village in Gaul that still holds out against the Romans thanks to a magic potion...and they are sharing it around...
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2588
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:45 am

Jason2 wrote:Anybody else still confused at how the bloody ex-slaves in Iberia are moving so fast?  I mean if it was Britannia I would attribute it to Caledonian druids and their magical powers...

I am starting to wonder if there is a small village in Gaul that still holds out against the Romans thanks to a magic potion...and they are sharing it around...

Have noticed that with superior roads and lack of heavy lumbering siege guns movement in Rome is Burning is a lot faster than in Glori. At least inside the Empire and in the Middle East. In the wild woods of Germania and Britannia things seem to bog down again (sometimes literally).

Do not mean to worry you but in G7 the Gauls seem to have developed an ability to "teleport" heavy cavalry......257 miles in a month, slip through tiny gap between Army pickets and frontier patrols and then fight a battle.

They have also developed the ability to "cloak" a fortress from Spanish scouts checking possible routes home. How the hell do you not see a thing that size? Clearly necromantic and druidic powers passed down from a small village in RIB Gaul too the C18 heirs.

Think the forces of Rome need to use the cavalry attached to the Legion in its historic roll to "shadow" and report on the movement of the foe. Perhaps with some others cutting up hostile forage parties, scouts and messengers to help slow them up so the Legions can finally bring them too battle.

Note this tended to work a lot better v Infantry rather than Cavalry based foes. Also works less well forests and mountains than in more open country.

Regor and Jason2 like this post

Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Regor Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:35 pm

Currently in Umbria and can confirm your Roman use of cavalry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:28 am