Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

4 posters

honour

jamesbond007
    King
    King

Number of posts : 621
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

honour Empty honour

Post by jamesbond007 Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi folks. Always seem to struggle with honour. Playing France,what is the best route to take. The indulgent, flambouyant route. Or more of a religeous route.?
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

honour Empty Re: honour

Post by Kingmaker Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Both but being enlightened will help your score that and giving Englan stick will also do it
    jamesbond007
    King
    King

honour Empty honour

Post by jamesbond007 Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Giving England stick is a problem. They are good allies of mine. I have given Austria stick, but no joy on the honour front there. Now i am stuck. bounce
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:19 pm

So far what I have seen from Richard and the honour score is that the country must in some respects play to the historical characteristics or score a sweeping victory. In other words, England needs it naval prowess to be visible and making waves so to speak.
    jamesbond007
    King
    King

Post by jamesbond007 Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:31 am

On that basis, perhaps building up a large army will gain honour points? King Louis acting pomp and over the top, should work as well ?
    I am thinking of joining game three, i will email Richard after Easter and see what positions are avaliable. I think they are closed this week?
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:30 am

You forget that Austria is Catholic and is is not on to have a go at another Catholic country unless some serious insult took place. You will always score points off your religous and common enmeies in the game.
    1989-er
    Squire
    Squire

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post by 1989-er Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:00 am

I think you don't have much choice but to publicly oppose England a little. When I played France in game 3 England was by far my closest ally, but both our honours used to suffer a lot if we co-operated too much. There are plenty of ways and means of being true allies but having the odd spat or not being seen to be in each other's pockets. You just need to be a bit inventive, or ensure that the public aspect is different to the private aspect.

Interestingly I have the same issue in game 6 where as Prussia I am supposed to try to rival Austria in order to get my honour up and be historically accurate
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:19 pm

all true austria and Prussia are rivals, Prussia must try and unite the Germanic pricipals while Austria must stop it and hang onto its Imperial Territpory.

France and England MUST not be seen as allies etc co-operate on piracy by all means but nothing else.....
    jamesbond007
    King
    King

Post by jamesbond007 Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:59 pm

I am having problems with Morocco, so perhaps a Holy war, will raise my Honour? Not sure how close France and Morocco were Historically?Planning on raising an army camp and troops, in a town not belonging to anyone, no civillians are present. Could i do this by sending armed troops first? Very Happy
    jamesbond007
    King
    King

Post by jamesbond007 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Kingmaker. Just downloaded your advance guide. I found it very good, and informative, thanks. Well done. Keep up the good work.
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Have you received the additional guides from AGEMA as of yet? I promise they will be worth the expense since they will give you plenty of ideas on most areas in the game. I have used much of the information found in them to my advantage over the past years.
    jamesbond007
    King
    King

honour Empty honour

Post by jamesbond007 Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Yes thanks. I have purchased all the guides that Agema has produced. They certainly give alot of useful information in them. Well worth the money. I have made my mind up to play another LGDR game, i will sort that one out shortly. You must like England, you play them in a few games if memory serves. Any other nations you enjoy playing?
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:46 pm

I am a Yank that never forgot my roots! I enjoyed playing Denmark, and built a nice little country there. I have thought about dropping one of my games and finding another nation to try as I believe that I miss the smaller side of the world. Currently I am in Game II, VII, and SFE I. Struggle for Empire is really becoming an item of interest to me, since this is a time period that I have studied and written about.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:08 pm

jamesbond007 wrote:I am having problems with Morocco, so perhaps a Holy war, will raise my Honour? Not sure how close France and Morocco were Historically?Planning on raising an army camp and troops, in a town not belonging to anyone, no civillians are present. Could i do this by sending armed troops first? Very Happy

I hloy war is good...however do nor forget Morocco is part of the Ottomans gang and they may just gt upset, which means a holy war Catholics v Ottomans.

Buliding in a town that dose not belong to you will be difficult impossible even as you have no one there to start it. And unless defend any tom dick or harry can wander in and take it over.....
    jamesbond007
    King
    King

honour Empty honour.

Post by jamesbond007 Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:44 am

[Can i send in troops first, then open an army camp and produce troops, then invest in a new town? If i have recruits and a town in the Americas, this should allow me to produce troops at a new town in the Americas, i presume?
    I think a Catholic war is possible, however i am hopeing the Ottomens keep out of matters. Very Happy
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 am

You can do that but it will need a garrison to defend it from recapture from any enemies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:33 am