Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+14
Stuart Bailey
Richard D. Watts
Kingmaker
Basileus
Frank
The Hessian
Ardagor
Regor
Deacon
jamesbond007
baggins
Goldstar
tek_604
count-de-monet
18 posters

G7 - France vs. England

Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2571
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

G7 - France vs. England - Page 21 Empty Re: G7 - France vs. England

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun May 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Ragnar,

Its all lies..........I do not live for conflict......honrst Rolling Eyes , some of my characters in Agema games have not invaded anyone at all and they have not killed any Moldavians in years and years.

Actually I was being quite nice about the G7 Moldavians who have risen above their Agema write up in
    Carte Blande page 22 .....see under Nogai Tartars the write up of the Bucak Horde of SW Moldavia, Camboyluk Horde of Eastern Moldavia and the Cedsan Horde around Chotin and account of a large part of the Moldavian population being Cattle loving Slavers.........to gain acceptance in polite society.

Clearly the French of the RKL also had the same type of problem with prople like the Emperor fixated on events in 1640/50/60/70/80/90s and unwilling to believe this was a new soft and cuddly model France. Just because the new soft and cuddly model France was willing to start a major war over late arrival of a few dredgers is that any reason for the Emperor to go on and on about ancient history like the Edict of Nantes and the Rape of the Palantine.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Mon May 21, 2012 1:13 am

"Rape of the Palantine"? I think you meant the "unanticipated intimacy", sir.

And I do believe if you read the finer print, it was formally called the "Suggestion of Nantes". The word edict is so... definitive, isn't it?

(Just went to see the Operetta Candide last night based on Voltaire's book of the same name, which now I want to read. It really makes me wish Voltaire were period. So much of the send-up of things seemed perfect for the game)
    Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 350
    Registration date : 2010-02-15

Post by Regor Mon May 21, 2012 6:59 am

In haste, to Deacon, Candide is his masterpiece and was banned immediately but printed in many counties.

Its short and was the subject of a fascinating In our Time with Melvin Bragg on BBC R4 - you can get it as a podcast....

Enjoy!!
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by The Revenant Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Going someway back and off current topic... (and, ahem, avoiding any comment upon Moldavian civilisation). RKL at one point (more than one) disputed the possibility of an English naval (dredger) mission having been received in France without him knowing about it. But in fact the same thing happened with my own position - a "certain nation" sent me a naval mission, it was clearly appearing on his print-out as in place, but there was no notification on my print-out. Only when I'd queried it with the sender, and been assured it was in place, did I get my "people on the ground" to scour around and - lo and behold - they emerged from their lodgings. So I think it is quite possible (as the newspaper seems to say) that one of the sequence of English players did send a mission, but RKL never knew it.

Which leads on to a more general point. I wonder if it would be possible for our print-outs to show, not only our own forces, but those of other nations within our territory (I'm thinking mainly Trade and other Missions and Ambassadors here). Would it not be helpful?
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Ardagor Tue May 22, 2012 4:52 pm

I usually do not get a report on my turn when a training mission from another player come, but as the sender inform me I immediately order my people to search for the mission which sometimes can take a few months before it is located.
    But I assume Louis have searched every inch of the city where the dredger mission was supposed to work.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Tue May 22, 2012 5:56 pm

jimbotten wrote:Going someway back and off current topic... (and, ahem, avoiding any comment upon Moldavian civilisation). RKL at one point (more than one) disputed the possibility of an English naval (dredger) mission having been received in France without him knowing about it. But in fact the same thing happened with my own position - a "certain nation" sent me a naval mission, it was clearly appearing on his print-out as in place, but there was no notification on my print-out. Only when I'd queried it with the sender, and been assured it was in place, did I get my "people on the ground" to scour around and - lo and behold - they emerged from their lodgings. So I think it is quite possible (as the newspaper seems to say) that one of the sequence of English players did send a mission, but RKL never knew it.

Which leads on to a more general point. I wonder if it would be possible for our print-outs to show, not only our own forces, but those of other nations within our territory (I'm thinking mainly Trade and other Missions and Ambassadors here). Would it not be helpful?

Yes!

One of the things in particular that I think ought to be on your turns is all the ambassadors you have. I've had to ask to get the list. I guess if you start the game you could keep a running tally but really, shouldn't it be on your turn next to the section where your own ambassadors are?

I think part of the problem is the PBM part. If Richard has to mail these, there may be some need for brevity to avoid making the turns too big for the post. If it's all PDF, it is not really an issue.
    Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Regor Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Sounds neat to me - but Sometimes I think Agema enjoys the FOW - And it is certain that we all have 'bits missing' which is why we have the conflicts and the game and the Gloire du Roi!

We wouldn't have this conversation stream IF TRL and the Mad Previous English administration hadn't got 'it wrong'.....

Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Having personally experienced it recently, if there isn't FOW, agema will make some, so I think there is no worries on that account.

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 10:49 pm

jimbotten wrote: RKL at one point (more than one) disputed the possibility of an English naval (dredger) mission having been received in France without him knowing about it. But in fact the same thing happened with my own position - a "certain nation" sent me a naval mission, it was clearly appearing on his print-out as in place, but there was no notification on my print-out. Only when I'd queried it with the sender, and been assured it was in place, did I get my "people on the ground" to scour around and - lo and behold - they emerged from their lodgings. So I think it is quite possible (as the newspaper seems to say) that one of the sequence of English players did send a mission, but RKL never knew it. Which leads on to a more general point. I wonder if it would be possible for our print-outs to show, not only our own forces, but those of other nations within our territory (I'm thinking mainly Trade and other Missions and Ambassadors here). Would it not be helpful?

I have now seen a copy of the latest newsletter thanks to some kind soul sending it on to me. The statement that the dredger mission had been sent to France before the war started was asserted by Sir John Egerton, an English Admiral upset about the condition of his fleet and the peace terms which hardly put the English navy in a positive light. Quite natural under the circumstances. This assertion is not fact, but sour grapes: the opinion of a character who had a grudge to grind against France. In a previous Herald the player concerned stated that a mission had not been sent and accepted England was in breach of treaty. Subsequent players have also admitted their guilt. These players would not have done so if they had not already checked and found there was no such mission. The balance of the evidence is clear: the mission was not sent until after the war had started. This ties in with what appeared on the French asset list and is what France always maintained. I was very careful to check that the mission had not arrived (just as you would expect me to be).

I strongly agree with JimBotten's main point, though, that such things as non-arrival of missions, non-arrival of ambassadors, fortifications not being shown as present then suddenly appearing, and foreign forces (active or inactive) within foreign territory, maps which show towns belonging to different nations, etc, are all major pains. I can understand how FOW can be created during campaigns, but during peace time there is far less justification. Spies should be secret, but I don't see how you can reasonably argue that foreign units inside your towns would not be known by the local inhabitants, or the state of fortifications, etc. Are players expected to ask for details of each town they own to be sure? If so then some of us would have no cash left over to pay for other game orders. With several games on the go concurrently, the vast majority of towns must already have the details in Agema's files so it is hardly a big task to cut/paste them.

Surely there are enough genuine areas for misunderstanding/conflict in LGDR without the GM feeling the need to manufacture more of them Smile
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Tue May 22, 2012 11:08 pm

[quote="The Real Louis of France"]
    jimbotten wrote:
    I strongly agree with JimBotten's main point, though, that such things as non-arrival of missions, non-arrival of ambassadors, fortifications not being shown as present then suddenly appearing, and foreign forces (active or inactive) within foreign territory, maps which show towns belonging to different nations, etc, are all major pains. I can understand how FOW can be created during campaigns, but during peace time there is far less justification. Spies should be secret, but I don't see how you can reasonably argue that foreign units inside your towns would not be known by the local inhabitants, or the state of fortifications, etc. Are players expected to ask for details of each town they own to be sure? If so then some of us would have no cash left over to pay for other game orders. With several games on the go concurrently, the vast majority of towns must already have the details in Agema's files so it is hardly a big task to cut/paste them.[/justify][/size]

I agree. I hate having to spend money on turn asking obvious questions that the position ought to already know.

In the most recent spend cycle, I had to waste a lot of time because the numbers didn't add up. (hint to other players, don't take the spend at face value, either I was getting cheated by a corrupt minister, I was paying for stuff that I shouldn't have, or Richard was making errors, I will probably never know). Maybe that's to facilitate the 'aura of corruption and bribery' of the period, but its frustrating as a player to deal with. A simple list on the spend turn enumerating what you're paying for would solve it. So what happens instead is the solution is I spend more turn money asking.

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 9:17 am

Well, this problem seems larger than I realised - I know it won't help (and is somewhat off topic), but simply knowing which orders had been completed/paid for each turn was a major issue for me as France. The more complicated the position the harder it was to figure out what had been done.

Under the old system it was clearer. Larger countries had more sophisticated governments and this was reflected in higher government running costs. We filled in treasury sheets each turn and like most players I was very careful to check that the right amounts had been deducted. However, once I started playing by email (and not having to watch the pennies so much as France), the links were clearly broken.

Orders would be paid for one turn, but not actioned until the next. Even simple orders like transferring funds to another player or paying for buildings. It seemed to be that money would generally be taken in the first month, then nothing happened. It got to the point over the last game year or so that I stopped pointing out errors when they were in my favour as I couldn't afford to pay to query them. OK, when I used to do so it brought a short term honour boost which is always useful, but that was insignificant compared to the need to get other orders done.

The rules suggest we try to help the GM by including unit raising costs/time, etc, and keeping orders brief and simple. In France's case this seemed to add to the confusion for no tangible benefit in terms of orders being completed correctly. In some cases it was made worse.

Prioritising orders was another suggested solution, which I did up to a point. However, how can you prioritise when delayed orders from previous months are suddenly done despite having been cancelled? This was a particular problem when replying to anti-French propaganda in the Diet. Within my limited budget I seemed to be constantly in the position of having to either move troops around or answer diplomatic attacks. The existence of the forum certainly made it important to reply to such diplomatic attacks before they were deemed true by other players and influenced their actions.

I happen to think that the root cause of this was the change to unlimited orders whilst poor Richard was trying to run so many games day after day. It must be impossible for him to keep a sense of what is happening in each game and what each player's priorities are even when turns slow to real time. If you had a steady 2 week turnaround with say 3 or 4 games running then it would be tough to stay on top of that, but with 7 games running and a 4 week turnaround it is surely impossible for any GM. That said, if this is a major problem for other players then clearly more time needs to be allocated to processing game orders and understanding the important dynamics within each game. Only so much can be justified by FOW or 'aura of corruption'.

It is always hard for players to be critical of the game or how it is run and I'm certainly not going to launch into a discussion of how the game could be improved. I have discussed my concerns privately at length with Richard and have every confidence he will act to address them.
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 458
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Basileus Wed May 23, 2012 11:06 pm

I think that it is reasonable to fid that if a position has over extended itself then it finds it difficult to run the position. Previously this was reflected in an earlier version of the rules, where your honour points determined how many units you could control. In game 7 my strategy in the early years was when war came to overwhelm France because there would never be enough French honour points to campaign in a month against England, Austria, Spain and UDP at the same time. When those honour rules where changed I thought that my strategy had been scuppered.
    But then I realised as time went on and war with France began, that France could be defeated by a barrage of orders by a number of players. So, I spent my orders on military matters, somebody else would undertake diplomatic attacks, somebody else would be issuing press statements. Almost by accident, the number of different players having a "go" against France eventually produced a position that France (richest, most powerful etc) was overwhelmed, even though it had successfully invaded England.
    I think that this shows the sophistiction of the game that it has allowed such complexity to impact on game play.
    Louis problems were of a traditional command and control nature. He had too many enemies both formally and unofficially. The very nature of his success in England turned more players/states into the anti French camp. It is was on the classic models for the fall of empires.
    France is falling like a great bull being brought down by a pack of dogs at its heels. The player, the RKL, couldnt continue to manage the position/state because it became to complex - his only solution was too simplify his position. His best hope was that his victory in England meant that he could withdraw from engagement in England, finding that other players werent going to let that happen - Austria clearly wanted French armies to still be tied up in England - meant that his other options to simplify his exposure (make peace with Austria, be nice to the Dutch etc) was too unpalatable for the player/position.
    To make it clear, so people dont think I am still having a go against Louis which I am not - what I m saying is that this game is far more sophisticated and simply more brilliant than we thought. Those things which people say are a problem is a level of complexity which makes the game so much closer to the complexities of reality. It makes the game truly brilliant.
    In the alternative world history that we are playing, France/Louis was defeated because the problems faced were in the end too much for the position. I think this shows how truly marvellous the mechanics of the game are rather than there being any problem here.
    But again guys, this is just a game, Very Happy , the value is truly stunning. If you find your game orders and costs are running away with you - change your style or change your strategies. If your trying to do too much it will hit you. Any government which tries to do too much at once will fail, this is what the game reflects. Which means that the game mechanics are really good.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Thu May 24, 2012 12:55 am

I strongly disagree, because what challenged France wasn't a lot of people doing orders, it was the real world cost of running the position. Unless you want to call him a liar, and I see no reason to doubt his statements on the subject.

I don't see this as "brilliant" game design. I certainly don't see that as defeat for France (I think your claiming victory over france because the player couldn't afford to keep paying for the position a bit in poor taste). Objectively, I wouldn't say there is a winner here at the moment. You're now in a war with Richard, good luck with that. I wouldn't consider that victory.

If anything I consider it awful game design, since you pay (in real world dollars), your way to victory. He who gives Richard the most money wins. I hope on contemplation that's not the game that people want. I certainly don't.

I don't personally see making it so that you have to pay more to know what's going on in your position a benefit to the game at all. While I can understand some fog of war, I think the net result is that it just advantages people like me who can afford to pay extra to ask the questions that disperse that fog. But even I don't enjoy not understanding what's happening with my position, which was the point that RKL was making, I believe.
    Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Regor Thu May 24, 2012 8:08 am

Deacon, I think (and hope) you have mis-understood Basileus. I don't think who pays most wins and I believe the RKL would agree. RKL has stated he had to drop out due to the real world demanding his money and time. In game however RKL had taken on the profligate colonial debts of le Petit Dauphin and (though I think he was wrong) he had a plan. A strong and long term plan/strategy.

However in simple terms Louis didn't take enough time to encourage allies - he needed more hearts and minds and less treaty terms. Without these policies he managed to allow a lot of Basileus' dogs to have a go.

But the same applies in reverse to England. Here I think, money was not spent and there was no coherent plan. No diplomacy of worth and a collapse (collapses) followed.

The beauty of this game is it is a complex as you make it. Positions come in all shapes and sizes. Plans are made, are actioned are failures or successes and take you to new challenges.

So I accept that big positions may take more effort to control than small ones but that reflects the real world today.

And I agree with Deacon "But even I don't enjoy not understanding what's happening with my position" but I don't get the Eurozone debacle either. You can challenge Agema but the FOW will remain....

What I do value is this 'Game' we play, its complexity and frustration plus the thoughts of you lot out there.

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Regor/Basileus/Deacon, you're all right up to a point!

Regor - the FCO was split out of France part-way through the game and then came back to be part of France. Yes it was a pain to reorganise, but in terms of a financial drain on France, it wasn't significant. So you are wrong if you are thinking the FCO added a layer of complexity which wasn't there already at the start of the game. It deflected me for about a year from my long term strategy and meant colonial development proceeded in a slightly different way than I hoped. However, the damage was soon repaired and general French strategy in this period was unaffected. It could have been very different if the FCO had supported France in the same way that Spain supported Austria. It would have certainly made it a more even diplomatic fight and helped alleviate a lot of pressure on orders. You are right that I should have focussed less on treaty terms, though what is not recognised today is how many players privately supported the stance I took about the need for players to act honourably and keep their word. It is a shame that those players chose to remain neutral and not go against the propaganda out of fear of being attacked by the Hapsburgs!

Basileus - you are right that I certainly didn't help myself by adding in period detail, or by focusing on the legal aspects expecting such period play to bring support from NPCs within the HRE. Clearly with several players supporting your diplomatic push, you were always going to be diplomatically stronger than France. Though your strategy of piling on lots of enemies did seem to work well for you, it brought its own problems: yes, lots of nations opposed France, but co-ordinating these into some kind of military benefit has proved very difficult for you (raising the Armies of the Circles?). Consequently, I don't think you can make a case that France is collapsing due to number of enemies. Clearly when you have a group of players all co-ordinating their plans and picking on one player, however large and powerful, it poses command/control difficulties. But it was certainly not that which affected France when I had the money to pay for orders. The proof is in 1704 when we had the Battle of Medway and France took Jamaica all within a couple of months. OK, not everything went entirely to plan (that is expected and is fair 'fog of war'/frustrations), but there clearly was no command/control difficulty back then.

French troops in England are largely a mixture of old foreign forces which didn't fit into the new French armies I had created to defend France: they are certainly not needed back in France to defeat your armies. So that part of your plan was based on a fundamental misconception of the strength and quality of French troops. You have been successful so far not because of your tactics, but because I couldn't pay for the real world orders to respond. I did try to simplify the number of fronts I was fighting on, and successfully: the Caribbean war was wrapped up by the start of 1705 leaving just England and France. This was manageable. In England it was hard to co-ordinate with King James and challenging to fight whilst not destroying England. Again I thought that by behaving in period as the rules encourage, this would be recognised by results, but to a large extent it wasn't. In France itself there wasn't much I could do until your forces arrived (a few months ago in game time). I was not going to wear out the bulk of my forces to drive out your advance guard in Besancon so they could be crushed by your main force when it arrived. Neither was I going to march into the HRE and risk pushing neutral states towards you. My tactic was always to wait and bag the bulk of your army, defeat it, then pick off the remnants using my reserve forces if you still had the stomach to fight. So concentrating on England until you arrived was perfectly sound. If I had still been playing your army would have been destroyed by now and your remaining forces would be marching out of those empty towns you marched into so easily. You have been incredibly lucky in how things have worked out.

You were similarly lucky that other players you attacked (Prussia, Saxony) left the game. Had the players for Prussia and Saxony stuck it out and other HRE states united behind them rather than staying neutral, your attempts to assert your authority within the HRE could have not only blown up in your face, but you would have found yourself facing multiple enemies (your own pack of dogs). And that was without all the propaganda. Would Bavaria have thrown in its hand on your side or turned on you and supported the sovereignty of individual states? In such a scenario it would have been relatively easy for Bavaria to have dislodged you and stood for Emperor himself, quite possibly with the support of France. You may not remember the early stages of the game when that possibility was live. How would you have dealt with that? Would you have been overwhelmed? Possibly/possibly not, I don't know. Austria is far more geographically concentrated than France/colonies and so in theory is easier to defend without having to worry about delayed military orders reaching America. The old rules accepted that larger nations had the infrastructure (command/control if you prefer) to fight larger wars and although unit performance is no longer tied to honour score, this change in itself didn't negatively impact on France. There was, in the history of the period, no state so centralised than France under Louis.

Deacon - you are right about the money. When unlimited orders were introduced it was done in the hope that Agema would not be overwhelmed by the work and that the game would not become one where those who paid the most got the most done. It was also clear that restrictions would still operate in practice 'since the workload Agema can cope with is restricted'. Fair enough, but the assumption under the old rules was that there was normally enough time for Agema to process the average amount of orders requested by players, and within any given turn if some players submitted fewer orders then there would be time to process orders from those players who submitted more. To get more orders processed in the same time either the orders or the rules must be simpler. The change to unlimited orders was accompanied by new logistics rules which aimed to replace the cumbersome counting of number of men wounded in each unit and their replacement by SL level. At the start of G7 that was incredibly frustrating and a nightmare to administer, so in itself that was certainly a change for the better. However, beyond that there is a limit to how many further orders can be completed simply by technological innovation. Meanwhile demand (total quantity of orders from all players) has shot up. The logic behind the move to unlimited orders was that the only driver for extra orders was players wanting to build up their positions more quickly or do more things. We've all done it from time to time: the start of a new position, we want to make all the trade investments, build all the buildings, raise all the units in the first turn. We don't need to do things that quickly so we should wait.

Unfortunately the need to get orders done is not only driven by the ambition of one player, but the situation a country finds itself in. If one country is at war with several others, the only way to fight that war is to pay for orders. Churchill is now in that same position: he has no choice but to respond to what others are doing to England, and to get those orders done he has to pay for it. If he finds he can't pay then his country will be ripped to bits however clever he tries to be.

Again, the old rules made a distinction between players who were aggressively expanding and those who wanted to play quietly. If you had defensive treaties, these protected the quiet players. Take that away and add in unlimited orders then there is nothing to stop a player who is prepared to spend much more on the game than others from breaking treaties, refusing to settle and being successful through outspending other players. When others join in and act as a gang, it takes a heroic effort on the part of a lone player to match that real world spend simply to stand still. It is, as Deacon correctly states, not the kind of game which LGDR was intended to become. G7 is probably the most extreme example to date, but I am told a similar thing happened in G2. Of course it is exciting for players and it may even encourage them to spend more on the game (which of course means even more orders are submitted) But if success in the game is merely down to how much real world money you and your friends can spend, it undermines the whole structure and balance of the game. So I agree with Deacon that it is bad "design" with the proviso that the flaw was not deliberate, but an accidental consequence of incremental rule changes over the years.

As we are now finding in G7, the absence of an active France is affecting many other players. From postings on the forum, some larger and complicated positions in other games are also only semi-active which tends to make the games less interesting for players. To restore playability to these more complicated positions, one thing which would make a difference is for there to be less confusion about the details of player's own positions (towns, units, ambassadors, etc) which would not cost Agema any more to provide, but would help players to spend the money they have for the game on orders which are of benefit to the game generally and their individual positions specifically. It won't fully solve the issue of too many orders being sent in by all players to be processed in a limited amount of time. But it will help players prioritise better This does not affect the GM's ability to create confusion and FoW as that is a natural part of the game. But it would at least avoid players having to query basic information on their asset lists before they can submit orders. It should therefore help them to prioritise, put all players on an equal footing and allow for any confusion arising to be cleared up quickly so the game to move on.

Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 458
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Basileus Thu May 24, 2012 6:32 pm

1704 was a good year for France, clearing up in the West Indies was well done if worrying for the rest of us.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Thu May 24, 2012 7:08 pm

I think one of the flaws in the game that RKL alludes to is that stepping into any position mid-game is challenging and much more so for a larger position.

I don't have an answer for it, though.
    Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Regor Fri May 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Deacon he's right as a newbie I joined a game as Austria ooooh a decade ago. I was awful and I quickly b*gg*r*d it up and left ...... but I was hooked and have come back twice more.

Im still b*gg*r*ng it up! Rolling Eyes

[However I chose the position and the game with little knowledge or understanding - against you lot what chance did I have????] affraid
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Well, I have managed to avoid screwing up my first position by the important step of not accomplishing much! Very Happy

Of course, I started with a much smaller position than Austria, which I think I would probably mess up quite badly.

But if you're going to drive off a cliff, at least Richard makes most of the journey enjoyable!
    Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Regor Sat May 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Ain't that the truth! Very Happy
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2571
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat May 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Regor,

If you have found problems with taking over a position mid game due to lack of info what about taking over France or the Jacobites in G7 ?

At least 35 pages of background info on the history of French Foreign policy and rock solid info on who you should hate and why.

Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Regor Mon May 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Msr Bailey, you have a silken tongue and spherical objects of steel.. oh how tempting it would be to let you lot bash me! Evil or Very Mad

Anyhow I joined a game in Oz as the Russian Commander for the Moscow front at Christmas and am enjoying being pasted --- oh we're hanging on but my units come back shattered whilst the 2 and 4 Panzer Armies have time to pick wildflowers and listen to Wagner... the real Wagner scratch

I can only accept a 75% failure rate on positions because like you I'm very shy. Laughing

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:16 pm

We'll soon be expecting the turns back for Game 7 - I wonder if Churchill's actions will be quite so hotly debated as last turn? Razz
    Richard D. Watts
    Baron
    Baron

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Post by Richard D. Watts Wed May 30, 2012 1:30 pm

Right chaps, listen up! For game 7 (only at this time!) the problem of lack of background information for newbies is hereby officially solved! Read on to learn the solution, gentlemen:)

We have have put up on a game site called Drivethru the game newspapers for game 7 in five pdf batches (each one being a year's worth of newspapers: for 1701, 1702, 1703, 1704, and 1705). Each year-batch costs a paltry £2 GBP for 12 newspapers!

To find them follow this link:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?keywords=Agema&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=

So anyone joining the game (7) can read up to their hearts content background information!

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Fantastic! Thanks Richard!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:09 pm