Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

2 posters

Hiring Out Military Units

Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Hiring Out Military Units Empty Hiring Out Military Units

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:48 am

Other playing positions want to hire out Rozwi troops for exploration of Africa. Fair enough.

I've given them my restrictions and costs, but I may have been working under a misunderstanding on how the Upkeep cost is paid.

If Rozwi military units are hired by another playing position, as mercenaries, are these military units transferred from my turn documents to the, now, controlling player?

And does the, now, controlling player pay the Upkeep cost directly, so I don't need to worry about paying it myself and asking for recompense?

Any help given is appreciated, and apologies to those players who I've probably got scratching their heads (in the game) over this Embarassed
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Hiring Out Military Units Empty Re: Hiring Out Military Units

Post by J Flower Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:56 am

As I understand it the troops are transferred to the other player, who then pays upkeep, uses his orders to train then etc. there is also a note on his ORBAT list saying ( Rozwi) which is probably an admin point so Richard can keep track of what is where.

Any extra income above the upkeep costs is then agreed between you & the other player, with of course a payment deadline.

You may also be able to negotiate other clauses in their employment, for example they are not allowed to leave the African continent, or fight against other Rozwi units in the service of other nations( Something the Swiss Cantons had in their terms of employment)
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:33 am

Thank you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content