Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+20
Thelittleemperor
Rozwi_Game10
jamesbond007
The Revenant
Ardagor
Bearlord
Nexus06
count-de-monet
The Hessian
mmcdhoward
Regor
MarkTurner26
J Flower
Goldstar
Kingmaker
Basileus
one grain of grain
Stuart Bailey
Deacon
Redtroop44
24 posters

The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.

Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Number of posts : 676
    Registration date : 2019-06-16

The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.  - Page 31 Empty Re: The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.

Post by Jason2 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:43 am

Thanks Stuart, always interesting to read of your experiences playing an Ottoman position.  The idea of the Janissary fulfilling a parliamentary role in game was something I would never have considered.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2571
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.  - Page 31 Empty Re: The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Jason2 wrote:Thanks Stuart, always interesting to read of your experiences playing an Ottoman position.  The idea of the Janissary fulfilling a parliamentary role in game was something I would never have considered.

Not sure in parliamentary is the correct word but while Richard uses the Hungarian Diet to batter the Emperor, English Governments it in the neck in Parliament and Polish players spend their their time failing to find a way through the Sejim...........for Ottoman players the same in game roll is played by extreme Religious leaders and the Janissary Corp.

This is actually a very streamlined version of the historic reality.

Probably to get closer to the historic problems of playing the Sultan Govt you would probably need:

- Someone like Papa Clement running say Syria and the extreme Sunni Religious establishment. Pointing out all of the errors of the Ottoman Sultan and demanding action against the Shia heresy, Heresy in the Janissary Corp and in Rumelia.

- A Czar of Russia plotting to liberate Orthodoxy from the Ottoman Yoke and build a summer Palace were the Crimean Khanate used to be.

- A Shah of Persia filling the eastern parts of the Empire with Shia Missionaries and plotting a war to liberate the Shia from the Ottomans

- A Janissary corp standing for a centralized Empire & the Sultan/Grand Vizier as a puppet of the Corp. Getting really stroppy about all the grief it is getting from the Sunni Religious establishment & also the growing power of Provincial Lords of various religious types who they view as rivals.

- Then to give life that extra twist of "Oh my God he has done what!?" every time you open the paper add in a few Provincial Lords like a Bey of Egypt who is rather too friendly with Corsairs or Frontier Lords with agenda's of their own (like an ambition to burn Venice to the ground, sew it with salt and get stolen horses and other art work back).

No doubt after this glowing write up Jason2 is now really keen to play the Sultan in the sure knowledge that whatever happens Richard is going to use it to stitch him up like a kipper! On the plus side I think in G2 viewing a level of anarchy and violance in the Ottoman Empire which make G7 Britain look like a very gentile garden party people were put off attacking the Empire. Viewing it as "The Heart of Darkness" and having "warning here be dragons on map edges".

The "accidental invasion" of Flanders was copied by the G2 Russian Tour Company which some how sailed a 45,000 strong Russian Army down the Danube out into the Black Sea prior to landing in Sinope and marching into the hinterland were it was wiped out. Oddly Russia never said a word in public and just treated the whole thing as a natural disaster (well it seems to have involved Maps and Russian orders).
    Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Post by Jason2 Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:34 pm

It seems to be my day for using the wrong word Stuart Wink  But yes, I didn't quite get the context right...

You might be surprised but your posts have got my interest in having the Ottomans a go one day, though in all fairness I think (if I were to) it would be in a team position with your goodself and perhaps one or two others, to cause a lot of trouble as "Team Ottoman" Wink   But I'm fully committed at the moment...
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Jason2 wrote:It seems to be my day for using the wrong word Stuart Wink  But yes, I didn't quite get the context right...

You might be surprised but your posts have got my interest in having the Ottomans a go one day, though in all fairness I think (if I were to) it would be in a team position with your goodself and perhaps one or two others, to cause a lot of trouble as "Team Ottoman" Wink   But I'm fully committed at the moment...

Think "Team Ottoman" is a bit like the "Team Poland" which various players have mulled over in the forum.

Basically the Ottoman Empire is like the Polish Lithuanian Commonealth a former great power which for various reasons is sidelined in world trade terms by the rise of the maritime powers and in Eastern Europe by the military rise of Russia, Prussia and Austria.

The question for Ottoman players is can they overcome the problems built into these positions and stop and even reverse the historic decline.

Having played Russian Department East I think you might enjoy the view from the other side of the hill and the always considered but never quite put into practice eastern options for the Ottomans.

Starting with bases on the Red Sea and in Basra they can go East to India, East Africa and the Far East just as easily as the Maritime Powers.

The other option hardly explored in game is the Ottomans - Turkish and Religious links with that central Asian Khanates.

Wonder how Russian Department East in G7 or the Rwazi would react to Ottoman Religious Scholars and Sufi Mystics showing up all over the east, central asia and east Africa.

Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Post by Jason2 Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:42 pm

I think that is why a "Team Ottoman" would appeal to me, reversing that decline (a bit like "Team China").  At a slight tangent, I do seem attracted to "in decline" positions-China, Scotland (well stagnating if not in decline), the Hanseatic League...

The G7 Dept East is a good comparison, you're right I might wonder what is going on...interestingly as Kwantung in G9 and now with an active Ottoman Empire, maybe it is something I need to consider (though given the Muslim population in China, perhaps more as a partner than a threat), esp as you'll have seen the Sultanate of Aceh is now on the maps and was, technically, a tribute State to Istanbul, and now I own Singapore.
    Goldstar
    Earl
    Earl

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2010-09-13

Post by Goldstar Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Oct 1706.  The plot thickens.

1.  England appears to be drifting towards civil war. Rob Roy MacGregor and a small party of Jacobite Highlanders have been wiped out by Government Dragoons in Northern England, whilst Scottish Williamite troops crush the ill-armed rebels to recapture Durham.  In a more ominous turn, parts of the regular garrison in Southampton have went over to the so called 3 Crowns Jacobite movement, dis-arming their loyalist comrades to capture the city in a overnight coupe.  King William III is reported to have donated huge sums of his personnel wealth to the nobility for their continued loyalty.    The Swedish fleet sails off to defend the Protestants in Ireland, perhaps it would be better employed in Southampton.
    2.  The Franco-Spanish rapprochement continues as Spain now offers to transfer Flanders to France as a part of a dowry for a possible French match for Infanta Christiana.  Does this mean France now accepts Christiana is legitimate? What of the Pope's ruling, expected to be delivered in January?  The court case at Wetzlar and of course Salic law?
    3.  Diplomacy continues in Germany.  The Archbishop of Cologne continues to march in lockstep with the Spanish, his army commander is less than pleased by the supposed arrogant attitude of the Austrian and Reich troops stationed in the city.  An arrogant Austrian, whoever heard of such a thing?
    The King of Germany continues his goodwill tour of the Reich states handing out Alms where ever he goes, moving from Dusseldorf to Dresden for a private meeting with the King-Elector Augustus.  
    4.  The Elector of Bavaria and Emperor have concluded their meeting on good terms and the Elector has accepted the Emperors offer to visit Vienna.  The Elector calls all Christian Rulers to prepare for war with the Turk, sighting the renewed Janissary recruitment policy as a sign of Ottoman aggression.
    5.  The Austrians have been busy in the diplomatic front, Ambassadors seeking defensive agreements with states as far away as Persia and Abyssinia, I wonder what has prompted this?  The Emperor's youngest son is sure of the loyalty of the Hungarian nobility after touring the Kingdom, whilst the Empress has a private audience with the Pope before departing for Vienna.  The Grand-Duke of Tuscany and the Duke of Savoy have also mistaken the Emperors good intentions towards them as arrogance for some unknown reason.
    6.  The Cardinal-General, surely the most devious clergyman to wear the red hat since Richeleiu has returned to Spain and has immediately offered up prayers for his friends and allies.  In Madrid his warm up man Marquis of the Balbases, has declared is less than diplomatic terms that France has at last recognised that the Infanta is legitimate, whilst ignoring the whole issue of Salic law.  The rumours against Christiana were a Williamite and Dutch plot, Flanders is eternally Spanish and will be used as a base for a Franco-Spanish Army to overturn the 80 years war and reconquer the UDP.  Not content with threatening to trash the entire Westphalian settlement, Spain is supporting the 3 Crowns Jacobite movement and is raising troops and ships for James III whilst claiming neutrality in the conflict.
    7.  A Spanish fleet has engaged the English blockading Sqn of Havana and managed to hold them off long enough for supplies to reach the besieged garrison.  Heavy rains appear to have hindered the besieging English army.
    8.  The situation with the Janissaries in Sofia is confused, apparently they have refused to gather Christian children as ordered by the Sultan and are marching on Constantinople.  If this is by order of their Dread Lord or on their own volition is not clear. They are directly apposed to the renewal of Christian recruitment and their commanders appear to be fatalistic about their chances of survival.
    9.  The Sultan has reminded visiting Russian diplomats, what they will meet the traditional fate of any diplomatic mission to the Porte in the event of war between the 2 countries.
    10.  The Tsar has offered generous terms to the Cossack rebels and the uprising appears to be at an end.  Apparently over 1,000,000 lives were lost due to the rebellion and the resulting famine.
    11.  In the Middle Kingdom, the Celestial Emperor has welcomed the Island of Singapore coming under his wise rule, no foreign merchants are to be allowed to trade on the Island however.  The Koreans agree to build Kobukson for Lord Yea's Shantung province, but only in Korea and for an inflated price.  Lord Yea celebrates the Chong Yang Festival by reciting Remembering My Shantung
    Brothers' by Wang Wei.
    Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Post by Jason2 Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Thanks Goldstar, as ever an excellent summary.

I must admit to being a bit taken aback by the news from England, it does look like the Jacobites are making a series attempt at revolt.  As to Bavarian Elector's claims about the Ottomans, I can only assume he has drunk a bit too much beer that doesn't conform to his purity laws...
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:37 pm

Jason2 wrote:Thanks Goldstar, as ever an excellent summary.

I must admit to being a bit taken aback by the news from England, it does look like the Jacobites are making a series attempt at revolt.  As to Bavarian Elector's claims about the Ottomans, I can only assume he has drunk a bit too much beer that doesn't conform to his purity laws...

Am I missing something from Goldstar first rate summary and correct me if I am wrong: but

- The Elector of Bavaria was reported as being a French Cheerleader, but now he has swapped round to cheering on the Emperor as a new Josuha who is going to march his Legions down the Danube to libertate Constantinople and the Holy Land from Islam.

- A few years ago an alliance of Russia, the Cossacks, Poland, Venice and Austria fought the Sultan to a standstill and signed a treaty with the Ottomans.

- As a matter of interest if Russia and the Cossacks are only just free of conflict but with Poland are looking northwards at the dodgy Viking type on the Throne of Sweden and Spain and France seem kind of busy is anyone apart from the Emperor going on rip up the Treaty with the Sultan and join this Bavarian preached Crusade?  

- Call me an old cynic for doubting the deep religious convictions of the Elector and his total devotion to the Gloire of the Emperor but if I was Austrian I would be wondering about this sudden conversion and people wanting to pack by bags and send me down the Jordan.

PS Poor Janissary Corp....stuck between a Bavarian Crusade and a Sultan upset about having his orders disobeyed?
    Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Post by Jason2 Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:02 pm

The Bavarians have been willing to suck up to the Emperor in the past.  They were foolish enough to follow the example of the Duke of Austria and insult Lord Fong, which led to their merchants being banned from trading with Kwantung.
    Goldstar
    Earl
    Earl

Post by Goldstar Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:41 pm

I am informed that Austrians drink Coffee and Beer, not tea and the Saxons are rumoured to be turning out fine porcelain, so the Reich has no need for Lord Fong's products. Likewise I believe the Chinese have no appreciation of good beer, sausage or Baroque Opera. So no loss to either side, perhaps the Lord Yea will allow a brewery to be built in Tsingtao?
    Given that the peacefully Turks have tried to take Vienna twice and the new Grand Vizier seems something of a traditionalist. I think the Emperor is merely ensuring that his borders are placed in a state of defence, against any heavy armed Turkish tourists who wish to see the sights of Vienna.
    Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Post by Jason2 Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:04 pm

That the Austrians do not drink tea comes as no surprise, truly they are a barbaric people...I believe Lord Fong will show mercy on the Austrian vagabond priests who are guests of Prince Yea and arrange for them to be granted the chance to have some before Prince Yea does to them...whatever he is going to do to them (and no, I don't know what he is going to do to them...though I believe it involves honey,  a blindfold and a bag of enraged badgers...)

I do feel sorry for the Ottomans, all they want to do is raise a few hundred thousand indoctrinated troops...and people start accusing them of planning horrible things...

Meanwhile Spain plans to bring their erstwhile Dutch children back home...I wonder how the Dutch will react when the peace-loving Spanish Reclamation Corps turns up to oversee this reunification...hmmm, I wonder if some Dutch colonies, like Malacca,  (if this does come to pass) might like to seek admittance to the Empire...

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:44 am

The Cardinal-General of Spain remains committed to peace and prosperity in Europe.

If one offers peace, multiple times, and it is rejected, multiple times, it is with a heavy and sorrowful heart, that one must take minimum counter measures against ones opposition.

And why fight in the colonies, when one has a massive demographic advantage in Europe?

The Cardinal-General will pray for the lost and wayward souls in the months to come.
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2015-04-14

Post by Nexus06 Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Goldstar wrote:Oct 1706.  The plot thickens.

10.  The Tsar has offered generous terms to the Cossack rebels and the uprising appears to be at an end.  Apparently over 1,000,000 lives were lost due to the rebellion and the resulting famine.

As always Goldstar, thank you for the magnificent recap!

To be true, it is correct that the position had lost around 1M souls in two year (roughly 540K the first and 460k the second), but it seems like the two consecutive famine has caused the rebellion to spread, not the contrary.

I think Saxony at the beginning of the game and the last Spanish player suffered similar famines, dropping the position. The Tsar is probably too stubborn to quit Very Happy

Since last crop was nice, i'd like to drop a Thank You to all players (you know who you are) who supported my, encouraging to accept the challenge and not give up. I hope the challenge has been won Smile

Luca
    count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 379
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by count-de-monet Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Since last crop was nice, i'd like to drop a Thank You to all players (you know who you are) who supported my, encouraging to accept the challenge and not give up. I hope the challenge has been won Smile

Luca[/quote]

This wonderful game can sometimes throw more frustrations than celebrations at you. Im not knocking players who suffer set backs and feel like its best to drop, but players who fight on through challenges and carry on deserve a lot of credit. Luca has done so well and is hopefully on the verge of a very good position in Russia.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:15 am

@ Nexus06. Fair Play & Well Played. I like your style & resilience.
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:08 pm

thank you all.

I'm happy i'm still playing. Not only my language skills are increasing, but i think also the game is evolving, having acquired many quality players!

G9 is going to be the most interesting game in tGoK in my opinion!

@Kingmaker why don't you come in too??? Very Happy
    Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Post by Jason2 Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Glad you haven't had to drop out Nexus, and I would agree about the way G9 is evolving.
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:49 am

Will be interesting to see if the Ottomans get a chance to develop, haven't seen them much in game since G2.

Or will they get a good kicking like they are now receiving in game eight.

Luca well done on Russia, can say from personal experience it is a position with huge potential . Only landlocked Colonial power , when you consider Siberia as a colony rather than an integral part of Mother Russia.
    Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Post by Jason2 Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:12 pm

J Flower wrote:

Luca well done on Russia, can say from personal experience it is a position with huge potential . Only landlocked Colonial power , when you consider Siberia as a colony rather than an integral part of Mother Russia.
    That's a good point, being colonial doesn't just mean going overseas.

I think we often ignore the chances Russia has to develop by expanding in Siberia
    Goldstar
    Earl
    Earl

Post by Goldstar Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:54 pm

Nov 1706 - The Cardinal-General Triumphant

1.  Due to the onset of the Hurricane season the English Navy have lifted their blockade of Havana and their troops have ceased to actively besiege the city, much to the amusement of the Spanish garrison.
    2.  Loyalist Williamite troops have arrived before Jacobite held Southampton, Lt Col Walsh who commands the Jacobite defenders is confident that the so called 3 Crowns movement will sweep away the Williamite regime.  
    3.  In Versailles the Royal family celebrates the latest addition to their ranks, a heir to the House of Orleans.  An Ambassador from the Sultan arrives bearing gifts, is he perhaps of Greek decent?
    4.  King James III and VIII or the popish traitor James Stuart depending on your political stance has closed his Palace in Paris and moved his court in exile presumably to Spain.  James appears to have decided being a Spanish puppet rather than a French one is more likely to gain him the throne.  
    5.  The Elector-Archbishop of Cologne, looks to improve the religious and civil conditions of his state whilst reaching out to his fellow Clerical leaders in surrounding states.  As ever he follows the Spanish line, but now preaches peace and reconciliation.  Strangely and perhaps heretically he quotes the Koran to support his message of peaceful coexistence with the Ottomans.  Perhaps the Holy Father needs to send the inquisition to Cologne.  The leadership of the Reich and Austrian troops currently being hosted in Cologne invite the Elector-Archbishop and the local Army commander to visit the Reich troops, this is not accepted with good grace.
    6.  The Emperor has hosted the Elector of Bavaria during his visit to Vienna, the Elector has been treated royally. Touring the city's cultural sites as well as enjoying a command performance by the Imperial Orchestra, with performances by Vivaldi and Handel.  The Elector appears to live in mortal fear of the Turks and continued to urge action by the Emperor, Austria being a nice buffer between Munich and the Turkish boogie man.  The Emperor attended prayers for the safe release of the 33 priests held by the godless official Lord Yea in Shantung.
    7.  King Joseph of Germany had a private meeting with King-Elector Augustus in Dresden, it is not know what was discussed but we can guess.  Austrian diplomates try to reassure the Grand-Duke of Tuscany and the Duke of Milan that Austria respects their independence and invites them to call upon the Emperor in Vienna.  The Ambassador to Venice inquires about their views on reforming the Holy League as a defensive alliance.  The Shah of Persia is amenable to forming a defensive agreement with Austria, the Emperor of Abyssinia less so.  
    8.  Elisabeth Sophie of Brandenburg informs the Swedish ambassador that King Charles  XII is welcome to visit Courdland, but his army is not.  The Ambassador then somewhat shockingly asks the Regents age?  Clearly not a Gentleman.
    9.  The Marquis of the Balbases once again launched into the usual rhetorical assault which appears to be the norm at the Spanish court.  Whether the court enjoys these constant sessions in unknown, but one must feel for the young Infanta forced to play with ships and soldiers when she probably wants a nap and a nice doll.  Reading between the lines, England has offered a white peace which Spain may accept, France appears to be reconciled to the Infanta pending a French match for the her and the Dutch better make terms or face a combined Franco-Spanish invasion.  A new codified law system will soon be enacted in the Spanish Empire.
    10.  The Cardinal-General is in Barcelona inspecting the newly raised Jacobite army,  he is somewhat Janus faced  on the matter of the English succession.  Spain is actively raising troops and ships for James as well as supplying money to his cause, but at the same time it declares it is uninterested in English domestic politics.  Is James being played and will the Cardinal-General drop him the movement an English peace is secured.  The Cardinal-General is now on the road to Madrid no doubt with his favoured reading material, The Prince and the works of Mazarin and Richelieu.
    11.  The Holy Father meets with Spanish and French clergymen in a private session, the Pope adds his voice to those calling for the safe release to the 33 Austrian priest imprisoned in Shantung.
    12.  The Elector of Bavaria's bellicose statements have not went down well in Constantinople and he has been referred to in a less than respectful manner by the Ottoman Court and the Sultan himself.  The Ottoman's appear to be taking his statement seriously and the defences of the Empire are being strengthened accordingly, the issue with the Janissaries appears to be settled but the exact details are unknown.
    12.  The Cossack Rebellion appears to be over, the rebels have joined the Tsarist army and their leader has bent the knee to his god appointed Tsar in person.  With all rebellion now crushed, The Tsar is now free to return to his great task of modernising Russia.
    13.  Lord Yea is widely known for his old school attitude towards foreigners and one fears the worst for the 33 Austrian Priest who arrive in Shanghai this month, but he is liberal in domestic policy. Announcing that slavery is to be abolished in Shantung province.
    14.  Lord Fong is now to be know as the 'Shield of the Empire' in all official correspondence by order of the Emperor.  Just as well he is a humble and level headed man.
    15.  Some propaganda hurling, hack no doubt in the pay of a foreign power has written a slanderous article defaming the beloved Holy Roman Emperor.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:51 am

The Cardinal-General looked out of his study window, towards the sunset across the Spanish High Plateau. The first faint stars were visible overhead.

He turned his head towards the armchair,
    ‘Plato was right, that only the dead have seen the end of war. The wisdom in war is not in the endless battles, but in destroying your enemies capacity and capability to wage war. Tomorrow, we will start reading Caesar’s Commentarii de Bello Civili. It feels, appropriate...’

The Cardinal-General smiled at the armchair.
    The Infanta, holding a toy Roman Legionnaire, smiled back.

The night’s warm darkness fell across El Escorial.
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:09 am

On the many elements Goldstar correctly pointed out, one seems to me of more pressing urgency.... Kerensky buy a girly gift to that poor girl Very Happy
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Poor Infanta:

First the King of Sweden, Prime Minister of England, Elector of Prussia and the King of Poland amongst many others say no way is she Carlos II child. Since a) It was know he was unable to have children and b) The Baby is totally normal, lacking the Hapsburg chin etc, etc. Meaning her mother is a Harlot and a fallen woman.

Then someone kidnappers her as a new born baby and smuggles he out of the Palace (pity the Russian envoy spotted it) so her place can be taken by a boy.......so the French can not shout salic law and take over Flanders.

Then someone murders her mother and probable father so the truth can not come out before she is restored to her palace.

And now her so called advisors (same ones who did nothing when the throne was usurped) will not even buy her a doll, a dolls house or a pony! A shame & a disgrace to Spain in my book.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:16 pm

The Cardinal-General steepled his fingers, and smiled across the table.

‘I fear that you have been taken in, by Williamite Remnant (English) & Sea Beggar (Dutch) espionage. Over the last few months, French and Spanish intelligence uncovered a deeply laid plot to besmirch the Infanta’s parentage. We await His Holiness’s ruling on the Infanta’s legitimacy in January, fortified by the rights of the church.

The Dowager-Queen is enjoying a sojourn at a convent in Rome, after a tiring and emotionally draining time dealing with false accusations.
    As to the Elector of Prussia’s claim, he apologised and gave Cleves to the Spanish Empire. As to William III, well, when he has time to spare from suppressing the Jacobite Rebellion, I am sure he will see the light. As to the others, I have not heard anything for several years. So, would you like to stay for some tea?’

[For good orders sake, all of the above is repeated from statements made by the Cardinal-General and the Marquis de Balbases, in game].
    Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Post by Jason2 Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:14 pm

An excellent summary Goldstar, thanks...

Lord Fong is indeed a level-headed and humble man and i think we will soon discover, quite liberal compared to Prince Yea...I mean when I think what the said Prince is about to have done to the 33 priests, what will he order done to Goldstar for insulting him by calling him "Lord"...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:42 am