Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+12
Jason2
Thelittleemperor
jamesbond007
Rozwi_Game10
MarkTurner26
Ardagor
J Flower
The Revenant
Basileus
Kingmaker
Deacon
Stuart Bailey
16 posters

G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood

G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood - Page 10 Empty Re: G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Maybe they are simply on a good-will visit to Rumelia, the Pasha could be about to throw a big party to welcome them? drunken
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2571
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood - Page 10 Empty Re: G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood

Post by Stuart Bailey Mon May 30, 2016 11:59 am

Jason wrote:Maybe they are simply on a good-will visit to Rumelia, the Pasha could be about to throw a big party to welcome them? drunken

I recall the last time a Pasha of Rumelia threw a party for uninvited guests.

All the ships captains got thrown into the cells after showing up for the banquet.

Their ships then went up in flames due to a mix of fire ships, heated shot and the harbour being full of naptha.

Any crew/troops who made it to land then ended up with their captains apart from the attached dervishers (foes of the Pasha) who got put up against a fortress wall and shot by the Albanians.

They just dont seem to throw parties like that any more santa
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:54 pm

Jan 1711 Gloire du Roi has shown up and I have been asked to provide a overview for non players from a Jacobite viewpoint....so for all the white rose and mole fanciers out there here it is Very Happy

VICTORY, VICTORY, VICTORY !!!!

1) Attacking in three Infantry columns out of Hastings with Horse in support the Earl of Hertford drove the Austrians blockaders into retreat and then into a ambush set by the 16th Dragoons. The Austrian Invaders have been effectivelt destroyed and their commander known to bold Jacobites as "Hasslingen the half wit" after he invaded England with no cavalry or artillery is reported to have blown his own brains out.

2) The Rebel blockade of Leith as had a huge hole torn in it when the heroic Newcastle Dragoon Brigade rode over 4 English Battalions. Dutch, English, Scots & Huguenot forces opposed to King James have now retreated to Edinburgh while the Dutch Navy have left the waters off Leith without even bombarding the port. The Dutch Navy as been charged with "Piracy" following their misuse of the French Flag to secure a Naval Victory which may explain why they were in a rush to leave.

3) Col Holden Royal Southern Constabulary has arrested 5000 west county recuits for the rebel forces stopping them from filling out yet more rebel units. Judge Jefferies will hopefully make a terrible example of these traitors to our Noble Lord King James ......if he is in a really bad mood he may even sale them to the Russian Navy!

4) The 14 Dragoons launched a daring raid on Spanish Winter Quarters in Derby but sadly came up against the Royal Regt of Castille who roughly treated the Jacobite Dragoons. The good news however, is that following diplomatic pressure from Rome and Military Pressure from French Allies the thuggish and brutal tercio's of Charles Von Hapsburg may be on their way home.

Following the death of their old ally William of Orange the Hapsburgs would seem to have little incentive to support people who share little in common with them apart from both being anti French and the only question is will they be given free massage home without being blown out of the water by the mighty navies of France and King James.

Some Jacobites and French would prefer to destroy the Spanish in England and Scotland in the same way as they have dealt with the Austrians but after obtaining Papal Support to get the Tercio's to leave. King James and King Louis may not consider it politic to refuse the Spanish a free retreat and effectively snub the Vicar-General of the Jesuits and the Pope.

5) The heroic Naval raids into Austrian territory are still going fairly well with Jacobite English Marines still holding the Castle of Tsvat in Fiume and the Sea Hawks making it safely pass Ottoman fortifications on the Danage without being blown out of the water and past the Iron Gates. But sadly the Sea Hawks beloved commander Sir John Jennings has passed away due to a fever.

6) The Russians have shown faith in the City of London by asking to form a Bank.........no progress to date due to King James dislike of Usury and Bankers who he tends to view as possible rebels.

7) The influence of that infamous City of London Merchant-Banker and rebel Roger Martel over the Spanish Court seems to be on the decline since he has lost this title of Postmaster General of Spain. Some Jacobites however fear that Martel may be better at privateering than he is at being a postman and he retains his bases in Africa as Spanish Viceroy.
    ..................................................................................................................................................................

In other non Jacobite related news:

Cool To no ones great surprise the Russian Fleet has been scattered by heavy Atlantic storms. It is hoped that many of the scattered vessels may show up eventually but losses may be heavy.

9) Old Hapsburg ally the Shah of Persia finally found a reason to declare war on the French......36 Persian Line Ships and 40 Cruisers now face 5 French Lineships and 10 Frigates in the Port of Quilon. Things are looking rather grim for the French Indian Navy.

10) The French Navy in European Waters has scuttled prizes in the Texel but has not pushed its attack on Nieuport or Vigo.

11) French raiders/scouts have entered Groningen & Lleida but had to make a rapid withdraw from Nimwegen following arrival of Dutch Cavalry

12) Oddly the French and Spanish seem to be following Western European Rules of War......with prisioners parole offered and accepted and respect for non combatents lives & property apart from the usual prize taking at sea. The Spanish also seem to view canals and water craft as being a legit target due to the massive use of these by the French Military. But in Eastern Franch the Hussars seem to be using traditional Eastern European tactics of raid and plunder.

And its starting to get nasty with the Austrians execution of a French General in revenge for the execution of Prince Eugine (by Jacobites not French!) and King Louis offering to pay a bounty for killed or captured raiders.

13) King Louis has offered to place the Countess Mary of Ghent and Flanders under his "protection" if they rebel against the authority of the absent Duke of Flanders. Even if the Electors of the HRE seem less than keen to help Flanders in its hour of need its highly unlikely that a member of the Hapsburg family will turn traitor. But this offer will probably upset the Duke.

Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 458
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Basileus Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:12 am

The loss of "brave" Hasslinger was a bit of a blow, but more than compensated by the diplomatic news. The French and Jacobites had been trying to distract the Austrians with talk of an Ottoman attack. What happened - the Ottomans came out with a clear declaration that this wasnt going to happen and the Persians declared war on the French. Well done Persia.
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:46 am

Ok, giving orders on ideas to cut defence spending seem to have worked, currently Russia is going to save money by doing away with its navy.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:27 pm

If I were the Spanish, I'd hope for the free massage...

Question is, does this mean the Ottomans will help the French out by attacking Persia now they won't attack Vienna...and what does that mean "not attack Vienna"? Does that mean the rest of Austria is still at risk? I mean, the Ottomans could overrun the whole of Austria apart from the capital without breaking their word
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:54 pm

"not attack means" just ride in and fill it up with troops till they surrender....
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Kingmaker wrote:"not attack means" just ride in and fill it up with troops till they surrender....

In the age of honour, such dissembling is frowned upon.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:41 pm

ok tourists all arrivingg at once G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood - Page 10 3247665605
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:59 am

Jason wrote:If I were the Spanish, I'd hope for the free massage...

Question is, does this mean the Ottomans will help the French out by attacking Persia now they won't attack Vienna...and what does that mean "not attack Vienna"?  Does that mean the rest of Austria is still at risk?  I mean, the Ottomans could overrun the whole of Austria apart from the capital without breaking their word

Speaking with my Ex-Ottoman hat on I always thought the game was so much nicer when the ungodly were slaughtering each other and the Persians turned east rather than trying to chip away the eastern Shia areas of the Empire. And the last thing you want to do was anything which could spoil this nice state of affairs.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the Ottomans G7 and most other claims of Glori du Roi are not a single united power but several medium to large positions with different interests only some of which over-lap.

Only Anatolia and Syria have the ability to do much in Persia. While only Rumelia & the Nothern Ottomans like the Khanate & Moldavia have a great interest in Hungary.

The northern types tend to be more worried by the Cossacks and the Czar than Hungary. And while Rumelia is aways interested in what is going on in Hungary when I played Rumelia I was always more worried about Venice - all those nasty Venetian Fortresses in your territory make the map look so untidy! And being stabbed in the back by the Janissary Corp.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:09 am

The northern types tend to be more worried by the Cossacks and the Czar than Hungary. And while Rumelia is aways interested in what is going on in Hungary when I played Rumelia I was always more worried about Venice - all those nasty Venetian Fortresses in your territory make the map look so untidy!

while I though they made great place holders till we expanded them a bit.....

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:39 pm

You know Stuart, I think you miss your Ottoman kill-everybody-and-destroy-everything days Wink
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Jason wrote:You know Stuart, I think you miss your Ottoman kill-everybody-and-destroy-everything days Wink

Its a lie !!! my two over-worked, under-paid, misunderstood and generally picked on Ottoman civil service characters did not kill everybody & destroy everything. There were loads of countries inc Sweden, The Great Moghul, Prussia & various Indian tribes who they never had a cross word with let alone a conflict. And generally speaking G2 Rumelia under by Kruppa Grand Vizier's was a very nice and orderly place and very few Rumelians were killed, wounded or captured.

The fact that on a different thread people were adding up the number of wars their characters had fought and ending up with 3, 4, 5 etc and I got to 17 for one position is purely a statistical fluke.........others started most of them !!! I mean how many players get attacked on their very first turn, in their very first game run by Agema? Then get their very first Character assassinated?

Have noticed that Richard seems to have lifted the G2 Rumelian Army hand book/standing orders for use by NPC Ottomans in other games. If Ottoman diplomats follow the G2 Rumelian experience they will keep out of other peoples conflicts since when I got involved such conflicts had an upsetting habit of ending suddenly & with the Pope calling for a Crusade.

Perhaps instead of all these ultra civil POW exchanges etc with the French what Charles of Hapsburg really needs is to wrap himself in the flag of St James & draw the sword of the Cid?
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:33 pm

any one seen the turn yet?
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Due dates for games I haven't seen results for yet:

Regime Change: August 19th
    Game 8: August 24th
    Game 10: September 6th

I presume that Richard does them in chronological order, so depending upon when game 7's due date was, might give you some idea of where we are in the processing.

Recently, it has seemed to me that games tend to come out about 2 weeks after their due date...
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 427

Post by Ardagor Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Richard is on holiday this week, game 7 was not quite ready to send when his vacation started so the plan is to send it out early next week.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Ardagor wrote:Richard is on holiday this week, game 7 was not quite ready to send when his vacation started so the plan is to send it out early next week.

Clearly we have identified the issue.

Richard thinks he should be permited to have one of these "lives" that people talk about. I think this "having a life" is a new and radical concept that has led to the undermining of gaming society as we know it!

We need a slogan or something.

"END ALL LIVES!"

That just might do.

The Gaming Borg
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:41 am

lol ... ok I can live with that
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:20 pm

turn out....

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:09 pm

An interesting turn...but are the Spanish Admirals

1) Having an early April Fool's laugh
    2) Drunk
    3) Madder then Maddy McMad, winner of the "Madest Madman in Europe" contest for the last 5 years
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Basileus Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Spanish Admirals are a lot smarter than people might think. Scotland to the Dutch, England to the Spanish and Sussex incorporated into the Holy Roman Empire.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:25 pm

What happened? fill in for those of us on the sidelines of the game?

As an aside, I do think Richard would gain more interest in his games if he posted the newspapers.
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:05 pm

I think you can buy the newspapers in a bundle deal or as single issues from Wargames Vault - or probably from Richard direct.

Agema at wargame vault

When I'm putting things up on The Miniatures Page [TMP] Wargames Vault can be seen advertising the latest Agema newspaper available to buy through them.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:12 pm

We need Stuart to do his review for us
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Basileus Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Yes we do need Stuart to do his reviews again. But dont worry nothing major has happened, its just that if the Spanish are planning on making England a colony, there is a fair chance that it might happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:17 pm