Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+9
J Flower
Deacon
tek_604
the great unwashed
baggins
revvaughan
RAGGY
Kingmaker
Frank
13 posters

Question regarding game 2

revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Question regarding game 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Question regarding game 2

Post by revvaughan Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:47 pm

You know the British love to burn shipping... It helps our business model!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Maybe I'll buy some shares in The ACME firelighters Company then Very Happy

Last edited by Jason on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:20 pm

Anyway good to know you're still out there rev Smile

And it's a shame if a certain Major of Dragoons is going to go and slaughter the duster-thieves...I was hoping to send my new Hanoverian Janissary Corps of Social Workers...they would go in, find the thieves, find their life histories (did they come from deprived backgrounds? were they abused as a child? Had their childhood home been overrun by the Ottomans?), offer help and suggest a programme of interventions so they could become productive members of society...
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:48 pm

I thought the feather dusters were ordered for the Janissary Corps of Hanover!

Good to hear that England is soon ging to sort a few things out.

Maybe the Feather dusters can be used on the blond long limbed Swedes, let that be a lesson the won't forget.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:38 pm

I am at the Kaisers orders just point me in the right direction and away i go  Question regarding game 2 - Page 19 2962972013 

Post by Guest Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 pm

As I'm a bit bored on a Sunday evening Smile

Quick Summary of August 1741 Mecure Gallant...

... in London they are looking for the composer Antonlo Vlvaldi who has gone missing it seems

...in the English Channel, 2 English Frigates came off worst when they ran into 5 French Frigates...

...the French turned up to the peace conference at Rheinberg...but Lord Thatcher's satnav was clearly out of date as he went to Regensburg...so will be late to the talks...

...in Berlin there is a lot of talking from the Kaiser...the Prince of Leige-Cologne has suggested everyone clubs together to help Baden rebuild though his suggestion that the man who demolished the place (the Kaiser) was the ideal man to be in charge of the rebuilding was a little odd...naturally that great man, the wonderful and all round genius the Prince of Hanover, was the only one talking sense...the Kaiser then took everyone on a tour of the defences and armies of Berlin, clearly trying to intimate people a bit? And what were the Kaiser and Prince Clarence of Holstein talking about?

In Hanover the Chancellor held a banquet for the great and good...and the Prussian ambassador who took offence at being reminded that unlike Hanover, Prussia is a bit lawless...

In Darmstadt a dead body has been found...not sure why that was newsworthy but hey...

South of Stuttgart, Prussian troops came across the horrible nasty bandits who nicked the goods belonging to Hanover, they killed a few but the rest (several hundred!) ran away...

In Bucharest there be horse racing

In Moscow the English tried to lure away the Russian Minister of Mines...and got a visit from the Watch as a result...

Antigua is now English rather than French...quite how the locals feel about it is not yet known...

J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Seems that Poland may soon be on the active side again. Wonder if East Prussia & the Polish corridor will now be discussed in Berlin.

There may be peace with France just in time for the opening rounds of the next Baltic war.

Will the Sultan send 100,000 Turkish cavalry to Rheinburg to press his point in the current talks?

Does anyone understand the internal polotics of Denmark, it appears have occupied by Sweden with a Swedish claim on hte throne, plus a Danish home grown Regent, parts of the country are occupied by Sweden. Holstien was invaded by Sweden in 1708 is now however part of Denmark. Prince Clarence wants it back, as he is currently a Duke without a Duchy.

Will the HRR come to his aid sending him the means to reoccupy his country? Can the Hanoverian army march at all, or must they wait until the feather dusters arrive?

Is the Duke of Pfalz going to be turned over to the imperial goat trainer?

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Well...maybe Hanover was waiting to see what Daddy England suggested...but as Daddy ain't answering his mail...Hanover might just decide to do what it whats...

I don't know...100,000 peace loving Janissary, sitting around, taking flower arranging classes...what can one do with them...
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:56 am

Maybe the 100,000 peace loving Janissays are waiting for their tickets for the West Indian Island that the Sultan so dearly wants, probably so he can use it as a staging point prior to his invasion of South America, to bring his enlightened rule to the heathens there.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2571
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Jason wrote:Well...maybe Hanover was waiting to see what Daddy England suggested...but as Daddy ain't answering his mail...Hanover might just decide to do what it whats...

I don't know...100,000 peace loving Janissary, sitting around, taking flower arranging classes...what can one do with them...

I think the Elector of Hanover would be wise to find the G2 Janissary Corp something to do since prior to their exile from the Ottoman Empire when they got bored they:

- Murdered X3 Sultans & X1 Grand Vizier

- Turned over cooking pots and refused to take orders.

- Set fire or sacked Adrianople, Constantinople & the Dome of the Rock Mosque.

- Stole uniform items intended for other troops.

- Allied with the Persians & other senile religious trouble makers.

- Cowardly refused to fight the Russians and also refused to fight on the same battle field as the Rumelians.

- Slaughtered 6000 members the Sultan's Artillery.........I would hasten to add that this was not the current Sultan's Artillery who would not allow the corp anywhere near them.

These are some of Richards all time favourite NPC's & bad to the bone! If they have suddenly turned into the Elector of Hanover's Loyal Guards is just proves he is a "wrong-un" and that like attracts like. They certainly never got on with the current kind, noble, soft and gentle Sultan. Question regarding game 2 - Page 19 627167562 

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:55 pm

I don't know...more anti-Janissary propaganda...you have to feel sorry for the poor chaps...so misunderstood...luckily they now have a caring lord who understands their gentler side...and will put it to good use...
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Great Britain is still here... If I missed a letter I will go back and look through the turns to make sure that I get things back out. Sorry about seeming unresponsive.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 pm

No worries Smile actually, I have a sneaking suspicion some of my mail to a few players has gone astray (lost? Intercepted?)...it's why I sent my ambassador for a chat Smile
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Invited him in two speak wight he Prime Minister.
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:24 pm

I take it the flower arranging classes & the feather duster dance routine are all part of the new look Janissary Corps, well Stuart if you ahd only know that from the start, things could have turned out differently.......
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 pm

J Flower wrote:I take it the flower arranging classes & the feather duster dance routine are all part of the new look Janissary Corps, well Stuart if you ahd only know that from the start, things could have turned out differently.......

Be nice to the Janissary Corp  affraid next thing it will be kind to Venetians, Knights of St John and Austrians pale 

Actually my G2 characters did try and patch things up with the corp at various times but every time I was about to win a campaign in the west the B*****s in the silly hats stabbed them in the back (not always a figure of speach).

Actually I have noticed a couple of things Agema must have enjoyed so much about the Ottoman's in G2 that they have spread to other games:

- Lacking a Diet in Rumelia, Egypt etc Agema has decided that the Janissary Corp and senile idiot Mufti's are its chosen vehicle for giving honest, hard working, under paid Ottoman Civil Servants a bad time.

- Having had fun with the broken foes of Clan Kruppa turning to banditry, "Ottoman" bandits now seem to be popping up in all sorts of games and places. A sort of Blackbeard and the brotherhood of the Coast for the landlocked.

- Ottoman NPC troops in other games now seem to use "lifted" G2 Rumelian standing orders/tactical manual and have force organizations which seem rather different to the Rumalian start position and more like current formations. Even the Janissary Corp seem to use them which is odd because in G2 they revolted over the issue.

- What I want to know is if in other games Ottoman players are starting to find the Rumelian Cavalry and Arnauts moaning about Janissary pampering & demanding more of the old "Rape, Loot & Plunder or we get a new Bey" & holding the view "That the only good Venetian in a dead Venetian" Very Happy 

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:47 pm

So the newspaper for November 1741 is with us...

In London, the ambassador of that Great Man, the Elector of Hanover, is asking daddy's government for a little help with dredgers...as the representative of their future king, I'm sure nothing will go wrong with the request Razz

In Berlin...talk, talk and talk some more...but it has finally led to the Kaiser proposing three treaties along the lines of wouldn't it be great if we all just got along and helped each other when anyone attacks us (presumably this is in case Stuart gets bored and decides to burn Germany to the ground).
    For some reason, a lot of princes seem to think letting their nobles vote on who to send to an Imperial Diet is a good thing...it's a slippery slope I say...next it will be votes for the common man...and we'll be back to cavorting druids, death by stoning and dung for dinner... 

Meanwhile the Kaiser is trying to convince the Danes to give Holstein up peacefully...before Hanover sends in its peaceloving, new-age, and not at all violent, Janissary Corps of Social Workers to make them hand it over...Sweden is denying it has any control over Holstein (just to be safe) but it is ruled by the Danish Regency...who they claim don't rule Copenhagen (????)...meanwhile Estonia says Sweden has given it independence...

Someone is sending the Pope anonymous letters about the high interest rate on loans.  Quite what that is all about is anyone's guess!

It appears Strassburg may be less of a ruin that we feared, which is good news...ok it lacks a population but at least it's not a ruin and empty...

A Prussian trade convoy has been ransacked at Ulm...but on the plus side for international trade, French merchants taken prisoner by the Prussians have been released as part of the new Peace.

But perhaps oddest news of the month, 10 English merchants have been lost in the English Channel.  No reports of attacks, the weather seems fine...so what is going on?  Is it just 'one of those things'...maybe just some old merchantships leaking a bit too much?  Or is it more sinister?  Have the Swedes decided to strike first?  Or are pirates now active in the Channel?
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Are the facts that ten English merchant ships have gone missing and the Hanovarian Jannissary Corp have formed a boating club related?????Suspect

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:57 am

Completely unrelated...honest...
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Maybe there is an Isle of Wight triangle where ships just disapper, or get stolen by aliens!
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Latest turn came with a map of lands controlled by the Danish Regency, seems that Swedeen controls 90% of Denmark whilst the Regency is basically the Northern tip of mainland Denmark & in the south the Duchy of Holstien.Seeing as though Duke Clarence has decided to regain his lands it could be time for the Danes to pack their bags & go home.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:20 pm

who is still playing in game 2 pm me please just so i know
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:55 pm

any one?
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:41 am

I am still present... Haven't decided what I am going to do as it would seem that the game has gone rather quiet.
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:06 am

Thats basically why I hung up my boots in G2

Appart from you 2 I don't think there is much else happening, Leige Köln & maybe Russia if you are lucky, but I hadn't heard from either for a while prior to my departure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:04 am