Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+20
Thelittleemperor
Rozwi_Game10
jamesbond007
The Revenant
Ardagor
Bearlord
Nexus06
count-de-monet
The Hessian
mmcdhoward
Regor
MarkTurner26
J Flower
Goldstar
Kingmaker
Basileus
one grain of grain
Stuart Bailey
Deacon
Redtroop44
24 posters

The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.

Goldstar
    Earl
    Earl

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2010-09-13

The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.  - Page 9 Empty Re: The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.

Post by Goldstar Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:21 pm

On the subject of Moscow what did the Russian ambassador to Poland mean by Slav's being under the Roman Cross? I'm sure the pope will be delighted, the Orthodox Patriach perhaps less so. As to the HRE, I believe that various Germanic marching tunes are now the fashion in Vienna rather than Baroque Opera💂🏻
    MarkTurner26
    MarkTurner26
    Marquess
    Marquess

Number of posts : 260
    Registration date : 2012-11-03

The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.  - Page 9 Empty Re: The Age of Enlightenment. Game 9.

Post by MarkTurner26 Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:30 pm

What is more interesting is why Bremen has refused to supply the troops required. An interesting thought is that they dont fear the consequences will the mighty Leopold tell otherwise.
    Goldstar
    Earl
    Earl

Post by Goldstar Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Perhaps because Bremen is surrounded by Swedish held territory?  Emperor Leopold is but the poor unworthy servant of the People's of the Reich😇
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2015-04-14

Post by Nexus06 Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:41 pm

Goldstar wrote:On the subject of Moscow what did the Russian ambassador to Poland mean by Slav's being under the Roman Cross?  I'm sure the pope will be delighted, the Orthodox Patriach perhaps less so.  As to the HRE, I believe that various Germanic marching tunes are now the fashion in Vienna rather than Baroque Opera💂🏻

yep, unfortunately word didn't make it's work and failed to support me. It was "the christ cross" originally... anyway i'll keep things simpler in future Sad
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Nexus06 wrote:Does anybody really think he can come to moscow, try to bribe a minister, to steal research, be discovered and walk home with his head still on his shoulders?

better use is the salt mines for 15 years.... at least you get some work out of him thats what i used to do
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Kingmaker wrote:
    Nexus06 wrote:Does anybody really think he can come to moscow, try to bribe a minister, to steal research, be discovered and walk home with his head still on his shoulders?

better use is the salt mines for 15 years.... at least you get some work out of him thats what i used to do

this is what i call a wise advice Very Happy
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:11 pm

pm me for more I was Emperor Peter I of the Eastern Roman Empire Whic was basically all of Greece, Istanbul and Romainia etc
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Kingmaker wrote:pm me for more I was Emperor Peter I of the Eastern Roman Empire Whic was basically all of Greece, Istanbul and Romainia etc

done, but i have to ask, as Russian you conquered the whole balcans and Anatolia? did i understand right?
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Yes king
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 458
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Basileus Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:38 am

Nexus06 I am not sure if you are referring to Sweden but Swedes have not gone to Moscow to steal research in this game so I dont know what you are going on about - as for violating Brunswick, really? If anyone wants a causus bellum then please be up front about it, dont wrap it up with righteous twoddle.As for slavs being under Swedish control, a bit of a miss reading on the ethnic map of eastern Europe I think. Talk about whipping yourselves up into a frenzy.......
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:06 am

Basileus wrote:Nexus06 I am not sure if you are referring to Sweden but Swedes have not gone to Moscow to steal research in this game so I dont know what you are going on about - as for violating Brunswick, really? If anyone wants a causus bellum then please be up front about it, dont wrap it up with righteous twoddle.As for slavs being under Swedish control, a bit of a miss reading on the ethnic map of eastern Europe I think. Talk about whipping yourselves up into a frenzy.......

Honestly in this turn you were not in my mind, therefore i do not refer at Sweden nor regarding the bribing (in the journal it is clearly reported that emissaries were from England and Portugal) nor regarding the Warsaw ballet (since also Sweden is christian as far as i know). I can assure you i have a direct knowledge of the eastern european ethnic map. Sorry but the last sentence you wrote i cannot understand it, what do you mean? And what is that makes you think i'm referring to Sweden in any comment?
    thanks
    Goldstar
    Earl
    Earl

Post by Goldstar Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:32 am

What is Sweden up to? Marching troops across Brunswick may not be clear cause for conflict, but it has been trying to open up the religious issue in the Reich for months. Culminating in the Swedish Ambassador' s outburst in the Diet, openly calling the Roman Catholic faith a canker which must be destroyed. Does Charles XII hope to smash the HRE and set himself up as some kind of Protestant overlord over Northern Germany and Denmark?
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:45 am

Goldstar wrote:What is Sweden up to?  Marching troops across Brunswick may not be clear cause for conflict, but it has been trying to open up the religious issue in the Reich for months. Culminating in the Swedish Ambassador' s outburst in the Diet, openly calling the Roman Catholic faith a canker which must be destroyed.  Does Charles XII hope to smash the HRE and set himself up as some kind of Protestant overlord over Northern Germany and Denmark?

I don't know the Swedish strategy, but since he has called out miself personally i'd like a little and friendly explanation about why Smile
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Basileus Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Well, if there was no accusation by Russia against Sweden in regard to the commentary then I apologise and withdraw my comments. Perhaps something gets lost in translation with my last comment, and perhaps there is an element of being too hasty myself, so I apologise.
    As to what is Sweden up to - well Sweden is being role played as the protestant guarantor of the Treaty of Westphalia. There is no sinister or complex conspiracy theory involved. Smile
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Basileus wrote:Well, if there was no accusation by Russia against Sweden in regard to the commentary then I apologise and withdraw my comments. Perhaps something gets lost in translation with my last comment, and perhaps there is an element of being too hasty myself, so I apologise.
    As to what is Sweden up to - well Sweden is being role played as the protestant guarantor of the Treaty of Westphalia. There is no sinister or complex conspiracy theory involved. Smile

no beef between us for my side. I'm just here to have fun and i'm having it Smile
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Basileus wrote:Nexus06 I am not sure if you are referring to Sweden but Swedes have not gone to Moscow to steal research in this game so I dont know what you are going on about - as for violating Brunswick, really? If anyone wants a causus bellum then please be up front about it, dont wrap it up with righteous twoddle.As for slavs being under Swedish control, a bit of a miss reading on the ethnic map of eastern Europe I think. Talk about whipping yourselves up into a frenzy.......

Generally marching your troops across somebody else's land isn't called a causus bellum, it's called an invasion. Just saying.
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Basileus Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:55 am

Apologies to Nexus06 on the ethnic map of Europe as he was referring to the Balkans and being a bit paranoid I thought he was referring to the Baltic States under Swedish control
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:47 am

Basileus wrote:Apologies to Nexus06 on the ethnic map of Europe as he was referring to the Balkans and being a bit paranoid I thought he was referring to the Baltic States under Swedish control

Smile no worries
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:18 am

People, as written before i've joined the forum because i like playing Glory of Kings and i equally like to talk about it. little rules and big freehand about what to do. I still believe that and i still love to discuss and confront on any topic related the game.

I'm equally happy to have cleared the question with Basileus, but (as reflected in a post on the Facebook thread) i keep on thinking that this might have effects on the game different from what it would have happened if no interaction was preserved (As the game requires).

Therefore i chose to leave the thread to become a read only member. I'll be happily active on all other threads on the forum, and feel free to contact me to discuss any aspect of the game (better if you are not in game 9).

cheers everybody
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2571
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Deacon wrote:

Generally marching your troops across somebody else's land isn't called a causus bellum, it's called an invasion. Just saying.

Damn..........I always thought that marching across someone else's land was just like a hike in the country ie you stay on the path so as to not to trouble farmers livestock and pay inn keepers for food & drink.

An invasion is were you rustle the livestock & burn down the inn. Or have I got it wrong?

scratch ..........And I thought my Invasions were so clear as well.
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:57 am

No, you never ever burn down the Inn, I think that may have been the mistake you made Stuart.

You always need somewhere to seek refuge if things go wrong, to the best of my knowledge that is the Inn.
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:24 pm

When is the turn expected to arrive? Can't wait
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Seems like i've killed the thread, so Sorry about that Sad
    Goldstar
    Earl
    Earl

Post by Goldstar Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:38 pm

An interesting month.
    1.  King Charles XII is taken ill during a visit to France, poison or a dodgy garlic eclair.
    2.  A large number of heavy armed French Tourists land in New Orleans just in time for Mardi Gra.
    3.  The Orthodox Church generously offers to employ unemployed Streltsy in the Church Militant.
    4.  Emperor Leo is offering cash for Volunteerers for his Reicharmee.
    5.  Prince Eugene is enjoying the beer in Pilsen Whilst his Army marches around and shoots up some canvas target.
    6.  The Swedes look to bring a legal cases before the Imperial judicial court, Judge Judy?
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Nexus06 Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:39 pm

Hi people, any of you can suggest me of wich use could be a natural science academy?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:23 pm