Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+23
one grain of grain
sammon
Thelittleemperor
Admin
Hapsburg
Goldstar
Nexus06
Verming2
Ardagor
Verming
The Revenant
revvaughan
jamesbond007
Kingmaker
Rozwi_Game10
Stuart Bailey
J Flower
Bearlord
Basileus
Deacon
the great unwashed
coffeedog14
MarkTurner26
27 posters

Game 10

Thelittleemperor
    Lord
    Lord

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2017-01-28

Game 10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Game 10

Post by Thelittleemperor Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:29 am

NEW Glory of Kings Supplement Due ......Just noticed on website ..😁😁
    Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post by Marshal Bombast Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Thelittleemperor wrote:NEW Glory of Kings Supplement Due ......Just noticed on website ..😁😁

Great news @thelittleemperor though I'm reading this on April Fools Day so hope it's not Very Happy

Recently returned to TGOK and am playing Russia king Time to catch up on my reading Game 10 - Page 31 3465686019 Has TGOK VII changed that much from previous editions?
    Thelittleemperor
    Lord
    Lord

Post by Thelittleemperor Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Welcome to game 10 Marshal Bombast !!! Russia ! Brill ! No ,no joke about the supplement though apparently Britain is buying a third aircraft carrier with ' proper aircraft ' F4 phantoms updated with go faster stripes.😋
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Welcome back. TGOK hasn't changed that much, but you can get just an electronic version of the new rulebook cheap, so worth doing that.

If you intend to visit waterfront property you're interested in acquiring, I suggest you take a lesson from game 8 and bring an army...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:12 pm

An active Russia in G10 is something we'd all be happy to see Smile Esp the League of Very Nice Gentlemen (aka England, the UDP and Scotland)
    Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Marshal Bombast Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Thanks for the welcome back everyone.

@Thelittleemperor Really well I must look out for that invention @Jason any ideas when we'll see them in action?

@Deacon I think Richard says it's bad form to bring too big an entourage on visits in the first few turns Smile Besides I doubt low value waterfront property will be of much interest to the French Corsairs.

Some diplomatic correspondence in the post, please don't be offended if you don't get any for the first few turns as I've got a lot on at work for next few weeks.

@Jason I'm sure Vice-Admiral Sir Howard Steele will be welcome if he berths any accompanying ships sensibly.
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:02 am

Great to read that you've joined up for the Game 10 fun! We'll probably never communicate in the game (Zimbabwe being somewhat an isolation position in-game), so I'll wish you well here and now.

If you all really wanted to do an April's Fools story...Why doesn't somebody put forward the suggestion of (my) Changamire Dombo to be caretaker ruler of Spain. Now that would really upset the status quo of Christian Europe!
    Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Marshal Bombast Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:31 am

Rozwi_Game10 wrote:
    If you all really wanted to do an April's Fools story...Why doesn't somebody put forward the suggestion of (my) Changamire Dombo to be caretaker ruler of Spain. Now that would really upset the status quo of Christian Europe!

Cheers Roy,

If I get a chance to write I'm sure any pictograms could be interpreted however you wanted :-D

Mark
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2565
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:28 pm

Marshal Bombast wrote:Thanks for the welcome back everyone.

@Deacon I think Richard says it's bad form to bring too big an entourage on visits in the first few turns Smile  Besides I doubt low value waterfront property will be of much interest to the French Corsairs.

Jean Bart Property services inc are always interested in turning low value dockland into select waterside developments.

Jean and his chaps can also be hired at very competative rates to provide Naval, Diplomatic and Int services for select French & Foreign Employers. They can also do Childrens parties and provide adult entertainment to spice up your court.

As for the idea that the Changamire Dombo becomes next ruler of Spain.......well he probably has as much chance of being a son of Carlos II as the American who claimed to be.

Anyway now we have a Russian in G10, A Swede & a Pole all we need now is a Cossack and a Ottoman to complete the set and we can all stop hanging around waiting for Spain to decide on who is to be the next King and get onto the Great Northern Wars and the Struggle for Supremacy in the Baltic:D

Wonder if anyone will be kind enough to issue some letters of Marque to poor, unemployed Corsairs?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Rozwi_Game10 wrote:If you all really wanted to do an April's Fools story...Why doesn't somebody put forward the suggestion of (my) Changamire Dombo to be caretaker ruler of Spain. Now that would really upset the status quo of Christian Europe!

Damn, and there was me about to suggest the Scottish Government for the same role...

I give you the truly Alternative War of Spanish Succession...a struggle between the Rozwi and Scots for the right to be Regent of the Spanish Empire...
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2565
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Jason wrote:
    Rozwi_Game10 wrote:If you all really wanted to do an April's Fools story...Why doesn't somebody put forward the suggestion of (my) Changamire Dombo to be caretaker ruler of Spain. Now that would really upset the status quo of Christian Europe!

Damn, and there was me about to suggest the Scottish Government for the same role...

I give you the truly Alternative War of Spanish Succession...a struggle between the Rozwi and Scots for the right to be Regent of the Spanish Empire...

Not sure how you can be a Regent when both of the possible Kings of Spain are fully grown men and in as reasonable mental health as can be expected from a member of the Hapsburg/Bourbon family.

But you can always follow the lead of the Doge of Genoa, Duke of Savoy, Elector of Bavaria etc, etc pick a side (or sides in the case of the Doge) self appoint yourself to a Post in the Spanish Empire and then get it rubber stamped.

Viceroy of Spainish Africa & a few more posts in the America's seem to be going spare on both sides.

Due to the current anarchy in Madrid it could be years before anyone notices that the King has never actually confirmed your appointment and you are not a Catholic. I look forward to Don Changamire Domboo plus Scots claims concerning what they were given as compensation for the failure of Derien/Darian whatever that Scots Colony in central America was called.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:55 pm

Well since both of the legitimate heirs have rejected the throne, somebody needs to keep it warm until a body can be found to fill it.

At this stage a Scottish Rowzi, or A Rowzi Scot seems about as likely as anybody else.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Stuart Bailey wrote:Due to the current anarchy in Madrid it could be years before anyone notices that the King has never actually confirmed your appointment and you are not a Catholic.  I look forward to Don Changamire Domboo plus Scots claims concerning what they were given as compensation for the failure of Derien/Darian whatever that Scots Colony in central America was called.  

It was called the "Darien Scheme" as the colony was to be established on the Gulf of Darien but the settlement was called "New Edinburgh" (for a nation that has given the world so many great authors, not a particularly original name). Interestingly though, in the 1730s some Scottish settlers did establish a settlement called "Darien", in Georgia.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Thelittleemperor wrote:NEW Glory of Kings Supplement Due ......Just noticed on website ..😁😁

And it's out Smile http://www.agema.org.uk/miscellany.html
    Thelittleemperor
    Lord
    Lord

Post by Thelittleemperor Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:38 pm

It is !!! Got my state barge ordered !!
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:37 am

Have it. Got this note early enough to catch the end of the day with Richard. Good stuff. Seems like a bit of it is repeats from other places, but most of it is new, and I think several of these bits have appeared on turns of mine!

Well worth the 6 quid for a PDF of the book. I prefer PDFs actually, since I can access them remotely from my google mail account when I travel or am at the office. I can also search them more easily since they tend to include a real hodge podge of stuff so I have trouble remember which supplement something is in.
    Thelittleemperor
    Lord
    Lord

Post by Thelittleemperor Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm

Me too , can't remember what is where . Making my own note book on an app with ships on one page , buildings on another page and so on .
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by The Revenant Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:55 pm

I've always though a general Index of all the rules/supplements would be worth its weight in gold. I can spend far too much of my life trawling for a half-remembered rule or factlet.
    one grain of grain
    one grain of grain
    Baron
    Baron

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2012-11-17

Post by one grain of grain Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:35 am

My problem exactly.

The Real Louis wrote:I've always though a general Index of all the rules/supplements would be worth its weight in gold. I can spend far too much of my life trawling for a half-remembered rule or factlet.

I was forced to make another XL spreadsheet for TGoK with a list of topic's relevant to my rule of Rumelia and in which supplement to find it. It fits neatly between my recipes for finger foods and the latest Parisien fashion shades for boot polish.

One Grain. Game 10 - Page 31 627167562
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2015-04-14

Post by Nexus06 Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Is it possible to highlight the supplements and links in a specific section of the forum? So we are all "up to date" Smile
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:02 pm

A Metropolitan Police Force...in London...and the English people are tolerant of such a 'Bonapartist' tool? affraid

Have just read the new turn's newspaper and that is the piece of information that shocks me the most. I am interested to know if its just a grand title for the Town Watch? Or is a properly invented and established police constabulary? Either way, I'm quite surprised that the in-game London population (commoners and the well-off) hasn't rioted at such, given the historic feelings towards the eventual creation of such a force in the 1800s.
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Small sucess for UDP managed to avoid a famine for first time since game start.

Although I had no famine, still no extra grain appeared on turn sheet, is this normal? Or do you only get allocation when you enjoy a surplus?
    count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 379
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by count-de-monet Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:14 pm

after a really hard and troublesome start as Japan, I just secured a rice surplus of 50 million tons ! and that's excluding the traitorous Matsumae Clan who I have been informed have benefited immensely from the Bakufu agricultural investments on the island of Ezicho (thieving back-stabbing gits)
    count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 379
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by count-de-monet Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:16 pm

Japan also gets a treasury boost of £1 for every ton of surplus rice - ker-ching. £50m extra income in June in year 3 of the game.
    Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Marshal Bombast Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:21 pm

one grain of grain wrote:My problem exactly.

The Real Louis wrote:I've always though a general Index of all the rules/supplements would be worth its weight in gold. I can spend far too much of my life trawling for a half-remembered rule or factlet.

I was forced to make another XL spreadsheet for TGoK with a list of topic's relevant to my rule of Rumelia and in which supplement to find it. It fits neatly between my recipes for finger foods and the latest Parisien fashion shades for boot polish.

One Grain. Game 10 - Page 31 627167562

Similar here, I've always made notes on paper and this time round I've gone for a whole note book.

The Miscellany is definitely a treasure trove which I would recommend to anyone but I'm going to have to hold off ordering my State Barge while I find Russia a snack to eat...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 am